The popular Nextgen Reader is now faster and universal thanks to a new update that was just published. Coming in as v188.8.131.52, the latest release adds plenty of new features to mix and is considered to be a major update. Thankfully, the details of what all has been changed have been outlined so let's take look at those.
- Brand new logo for universal app.
- Login/purchase once and run on multiple devices (Windows or Windows Phone).
- New live tiles with smaller text size for headlines.
- Easily configure individual tiles i.e. display only unread count, headlines or images.
- Support for large screen devices (Lumia 1520).
- Share articles via OS e.g. save to reading list app.
- Discover new feeds or browse categories via 'add feeds' hub.
- Optimized for low memory devices (Lumia 520).
- Redesigned login page and fixed login errors.
- Improved OneNote login (if you use 2-factor authentication).
- Many other changes and performance improvements.
- Known issue: Save image to phone is not supported in this release (planned).
As the update was just published, it might take a bit to filter through but you can check for updates to Nextgen Reader on the Windows Phone Store or the Windows Store. Once you get it downloaded, drop some comments and let us know what you think of the update.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
The Black Friday keyboard deals you need to know about
Getting your hands on a new keyboard is exciting for PC users, and thanks to Black Friday, it's more affordable than ever before. Here's a look at the best Black Friday keyboard deals available now.
Best Wireless Headsets for Xbox Series X, Series S 2020
Next-gen consoles need next-gen wireless. Here are our picks for the best wireless headsets for Xbox Series X and Series S.
Here's what to expect from Windows 10 in 2021
The year is almost over, so it’s time to look ahead to 2021 and see what we can expect from Windows in 2021. Windows 10 has taken somewhat of a backseat when it comes to major features or OS changes in the last couple of years, but that appears to be about to change as Microsoft aims to refocus on the OS in big ways next year.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.