The popular Nextgen Reader is now faster and universal thanks to a new update that was just published. Coming in as v126.96.36.199, the latest release adds plenty of new features to mix and is considered to be a major update. Thankfully, the details of what all has been changed have been outlined so let's take look at those.
- Brand new logo for universal app.
- Login/purchase once and run on multiple devices (Windows or Windows Phone).
- New live tiles with smaller text size for headlines.
- Easily configure individual tiles i.e. display only unread count, headlines or images.
- Support for large screen devices (Lumia 1520).
- Share articles via OS e.g. save to reading list app.
- Discover new feeds or browse categories via 'add feeds' hub.
- Optimized for low memory devices (Lumia 520).
- Redesigned login page and fixed login errors.
- Improved OneNote login (if you use 2-factor authentication).
- Many other changes and performance improvements.
- Known issue: Save image to phone is not supported in this release (planned).
As the update was just published, it might take a bit to filter through but you can check for updates to Nextgen Reader on the Windows Phone Store or the Windows Store. Once you get it downloaded, drop some comments and let us know what you think of the update.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Review: Samsung Galaxy Book S brings amazing battery life, tough keyboard
Samsung's Galaxy Book S runs the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 8cx ARM processor. With a slick, slim design and weighing just 2.1lbs how does this ultra-light laptop handle office productivity? With exceptionally good battery life and that always-on 4G LTE we have some thoughts in our latest review.
The games on Xbox Cloud Gaming that need touch controls
Minecraft Dungeons proved that touch controls and cloud streaming games can work, so we put together a list of the games we think need touch controls as soon as possible.
Join us LIVE for the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30PM ET
We're LIVE with the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30pm ET, make sure you're there!
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.