The popular Nextgen Reader is now faster and universal thanks to a new update that was just published. Coming in as v22.214.171.124, the latest release adds plenty of new features to mix and is considered to be a major update. Thankfully, the details of what all has been changed have been outlined so let's take look at those.
- Brand new logo for universal app.
- Login/purchase once and run on multiple devices (Windows or Windows Phone).
- New live tiles with smaller text size for headlines.
- Easily configure individual tiles i.e. display only unread count, headlines or images.
- Support for large screen devices (Lumia 1520).
- Share articles via OS e.g. save to reading list app.
- Discover new feeds or browse categories via 'add feeds' hub.
- Optimized for low memory devices (Lumia 520).
- Redesigned login page and fixed login errors.
- Improved OneNote login (if you use 2-factor authentication).
- Many other changes and performance improvements.
- Known issue: Save image to phone is not supported in this release (planned).
As the update was just published, it might take a bit to filter through but you can check for updates to Nextgen Reader on the Windows Phone Store or the Windows Store. Once you get it downloaded, drop some comments and let us know what you think of the update.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Hands-on with Surface Duo's OS gestures, spanning, app groups, and more
Microsoft's Surface Duo is coming soon, and the company has been working hard on finalizing the version of Android that will be shipping on Surface Duo later this year. Microsoft has released several emulator builds over the last few months, with each one progressing with new changes, bug fixes, and overall polish. Let's go hands-on with the latest build!
Minecraft Dungeons Ultimate Guide: Everything you need to know
Minecraft Dungeons is here, and it's time to run through everything you need to know about the game.
Teams is raising the bar to 1,000 participants in interactive meetings
Microsoft Teams will soon give users the ability to hold massive interactive meetings. The company is upping the participant limit of interactive meetings to 1,000. Further, presentations will soon be able to hold up to 20,000 viewers.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.