Nextgen Reader reader now faster and universal, major update now available
The popular Nextgen Reader is now faster and universal thanks to a new update that was just published. Coming in as v188.8.131.52, the latest release adds plenty of new features to mix and is considered to be a major update. Thankfully, the details of what all has been changed have been outlined so let's take look at those.
- Brand new logo for universal app.
- Login/purchase once and run on multiple devices (Windows or Windows Phone).
- New live tiles with smaller text size for headlines.
- Easily configure individual tiles i.e. display only unread count, headlines or images.
- Support for large screen devices (Lumia 1520).
- Share articles via OS e.g. save to reading list app.
- Discover new feeds or browse categories via 'add feeds' hub.
- Optimized for low memory devices (Lumia 520).
- Redesigned login page and fixed login errors.
- Improved OneNote login (if you use 2-factor authentication).
- Many other changes and performance improvements.
- Known issue: Save image to phone is not supported in this release (planned).
As the update was just published, it might take a bit to filter through but you can check for updates to Nextgen Reader on the Windows Phone Store or the Windows Store. (opens in new tab) Once you get it downloaded, drop some comments and let us know what you think of the update.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
2.G reader is buggy
3.Press(the so called best android rss reader by android central) cant even ADD SUBSCRIPTION This literally kills any competition --the closest to it is in fact WEAVE which has gone slow after latest update
Sharing to pocket , Readability not possible now. I knew I should have ignored the update! Only able to install to phone now and not SD. The nanoseconds of speed gain over the loss of functionality is not worth it.
Its says "We're having trouble with this site's security certificate." Is it because I have enabled google two step verification ?
After a long time while it's released
Thanks next Gen
But I can't see the buffer in the sharing list