Sure, Nokia World 2013 is still going strong and new hardware have been announced, but Nokia has today unleashed updates for two of the company's Windows Phone apps. HERE Maps and HERE Transit have both been bumped to new versions. But what's new? Jump past the break and we'll bring you up to speed.
In HERE (version 3.5.481.8) Maps we've noticed a new logo has been added. That's not all, though. The main feature in this update is the ability to now save and group favourite places, sharing them across the HERE network. You can name new groups, move favourites around within said collection and arrange everything to your liking. See above for some screenshots.
You can download HERE Maps from the Windows Phone Store.
Again, much like HERE Maps, there's a shiny new Transit logo. The HERE Transit is a rather large update, so here's a handy bullet list of what's new (according to the store description):
- Customize your walking speed, preferred walking distance, number of changes and transport modes for better personalization
- Spot nearby stations with LiveSight for better orientation
- Get built-in, turn-by-turn walk directions in map and list view for door-to-door guidance
- See your favorites with one tap. Add and edit them with other HERE apps and on here.com
- Long-tap on a station on the Nearby screen to start journey directions
You can download HERE Transit from the Windows Phone Store.
Xbox Series X, PS5 fiascos show the problem with digital age preorders
Fix up your Xbox Elite Controller with these parts
Review: SteelSeries made the Arctis 1 work with Xbox, and it's amazing
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.