The latest episode of our Xbox podcast, the 'OneCast', is now available and accessible through major podcast distribution services. This week we share our thoughts on Microsoft's recent studio closures and how this affects both the European gaming industry and the future of Xbox. We also discuss the issues behind Universal Windows apps, recently brought to light by Epic CEO, Tim Sweeney.
This week's episode is available from the following sources:
If you're using a podcast app, copy and paste the RSS feed URL into the search bar, or search for 'OneCast Windows'.
OneCast is our Xbox and Microsoft podcast, hosted by the staff of Windows Central. A new episode of the OneCast is recorded each week, with topics surrounding Microsoft news and the gaming industry.
This week's discussions
- 00:00:00 - Lionhead, Press Play and other Microsoft studio closures
- 00:50:55 - Tim Sweeney criticizes the Windows Universal Platform
- 01:31:20 - Modular Xbox One hardware?
This week's hosts
Every week we'll be discussing an Xbox or Microsoft-related hypothetical question from the audience, so make sure to submit them via our Twitter accounts (@mattjbrown and @JezCorden) using the #OneCast hashtag, via email, or in the comments below!
Further reading on this week's topics
- Microsoft closing Lionhead and Press Play; Fable Legends and Project Knoxville canceled
- Xbox's head addresses Tim Sweeney's UWP comments, more info coming at Build 2016
- Epic's Tim Sweeney offers some ideas on how to turn Microsoft's UWP into an open ecosystem
- Microsoft's Xbox head hints Xbox One could get hardware upgrades like a PC
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.