The latest episode of our Xbox and Microsoft podcast, the #OneCast, is now available and accessible through major podcast distribution services. On this week's episode of the show, we discuss the surprising success behind DOOM, Layers of Fear on Xbox One and much more.
This week's episode is available from the following sources:
If you're using a podcast app, copy and paste the RSS feed URL into the search bar, or search for 'OneCast Windows'.
OneCast is our Xbox and Microsoft podcast, hosted by the staff of Windows Central. A new episode of the OneCast is recorded each week, with topics surrounding Microsoft news and the gaming industry.
This week's discussions
- 00:02:30 - DOOM impressions
- 00:21:45 - Layers of Fear and our favourite horror games
- 00:43:10 - Star Wars Battlefront 2
- 00:50:00 - Could Fable 4 be closer than we thought?
- 01:09:15 - Project Spark cancelled
- 01:26:15 - Ask #OneCast: Do we expect too much for our money as gamers?
This week's hosts
- Matt Brown / email@example.com
- Jez Corden / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lauren Relph / email@example.com
Ask #OneCast giveaways!
Every week we'll be discussing an Xbox or Microsoft-related question from the audience, so make sure to submit them via our Twitter accounts (@mattjbrown and @JezCorden) using the #OneCast hashtag, via email, or in the comments below. If we select your question you'll have a chance at winning a free game at the end of the month!
Further reading on this week's topics
- Battleborn review: an eclectic mix of RPG, MOBA and FPS
- How to get DOOM (2016) to run on a Core i7 Surface Book with Nvidia GPU
- Microsoft pulls the plug on Project Spark
- Peter Molyneux would be up for making Fable 4; Fable Legends reportedly cost $75 million
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Update 6: Microsoft wants all of TikTok, but Trump's order may interfere
The Financial Times reports that as part of negotiations, Microsoft is now inquiring whether it can buy all of TikTok, instead of just the business in the US., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. This new plan would include India and Europe (and excluding China).
Apple responds to Project xCloud iOS block, Microsoft kicks back
With Microsoft's Project xCloud streaming platform locked out from iOS devices, Apple doubles down on App Store restrictions.
Watch Panos Panay's Surface Duo launch press briefing
Microsoft launched the Surface Duo earlier this week, announcing a launch date of September 10 and $1,400 starting price. Now, you can take a peek at how Panos Panay unveiled the device to the press ahead of its launch.
Complete list of Xbox One Dolby Atmos games
Dolby Atmos creates a realistic, immersive soundscape, but is not featured in every game. These are all Xbox One games with baked-in Dolby Atmos support so far.