The latest episode of our Xbox and Microsoft podcast, the #OneCast, is now available and accessible through major podcast distribution services. On this week's episode of the show, we discuss the surprising success behind DOOM, Layers of Fear on Xbox One and much more.
This week's episode is available from the following sources:
If you're using a podcast app, copy and paste the RSS feed URL into the search bar, or search for 'OneCast Windows'.
OneCast is our Xbox and Microsoft podcast, hosted by the staff of Windows Central. A new episode of the OneCast is recorded each week, with topics surrounding Microsoft news and the gaming industry.
This week's discussions
- 00:02:30 - DOOM impressions
- 00:21:45 - Layers of Fear and our favourite horror games
- 00:43:10 - Star Wars Battlefront 2
- 00:50:00 - Could Fable 4 be closer than we thought?
- 01:09:15 - Project Spark cancelled
- 01:26:15 - Ask #OneCast: Do we expect too much for our money as gamers?
This week's hosts
- Matt Brown / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jez Corden / email@example.com
- Lauren Relph / firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask #OneCast giveaways!
Every week we'll be discussing an Xbox or Microsoft-related question from the audience, so make sure to submit them via our Twitter accounts (@mattjbrown and @JezCorden) using the #OneCast hashtag, via email, or in the comments below. If we select your question you'll have a chance at winning a free game at the end of the month!
Further reading on this week's topics
- Battleborn review: an eclectic mix of RPG, MOBA and FPS
- How to get DOOM (2016) to run on a Core i7 Surface Book with Nvidia GPU
- Microsoft pulls the plug on Project Spark
- Peter Molyneux would be up for making Fable 4; Fable Legends reportedly cost $75 million
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Windows 10 build 19546 arrives for Fast ring with graphing calculator
Microsoft pushed out another new Windows 10 Preview build for Windows Insiders on the Fast ring today. This build brings the build number up to 19546, and it includes a new graphing mode for the Calculator app.
Microsoft's ambitious climate plan aims to go carbon negative by 2030
Microsoft outlined an ambitious climate plan to go carbon negative in all of its operations by 2030. Further, the company plans to eliminate its entire historical carbon footprint by 2050 and has set up a $1 billion climate innovation fund.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.
Best Xbox Game Pass games for January 2020
Pick up the best Xbox One games included with an Xbox Game Pass subscription.