A new update is rolling out to PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) on Xbox One, delivering an assortment of fixes and tweaks to all consoles. Following recent trials on the game's test server, performance-enhancing upgrades are now being rolled out to the Xbox Game Preview client.
PUBG's thirteenth Xbox One patch exclusively focuses on stability, with optimizations to the initial drop, world loading, and player data. Player inventories have also been streamlined, reducing the load time between button presses and changes being reflected on-screen.
Despite brief testing last month, the game's desert map, Miramar, is yet to make a public appearance. Alongside this update's patch notes, Ryan Rigney, Communications Lead for PUBG has committed to further testing sessions for the map later down the line.
For a full list of changes, check out the latest update changelog on the official PUBG Xbox One forums.
- May 2, 1am PDT / May 2, 10am CEST / May 2, 5pm KST
These optimization and performance improvements have been proven to be effective on the PUBG test server, so we're bringing them over to live servers now.
- The free-fall and parachuting process has been optimized, leading to performance improvements during the initial stages of each game.
- World loading has been optimized. "Play-doh" and interior prop pop-in effects have been improved.
- Movement data for nearby but out-of-sight players is now handled in a more efficient manner, resulting in general performance improvements.
- Similarly, when nearby but out-of-sight players equip or unequip items, this process is handled in a more efficient manner. This helps with performance and crashes throughout the game.
- The inventory has been optimized, improving response time when opening it and solving some crashing issues.
- Uninhabited boats and vehicles were causing some performance issues, and we've resolved this issue.
After long play sessions (three or more hours) on the standard Xbox One and the Xbox One S, the game sometimes crashes. This has been a problem for some time, and we hope to solve it soon. In the meantime, there's a simple workaround you can use. Simply restart the app every couple of hours if you plan on playing a longer play session.
TEST SERVER NEWS:
Soon we'll announce more details about our plans for additional testing on the Xbox Test Server. Stay tuned!
What do you think of today's changes? Make sure to drop into the comments with your thoughts.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
How to (try to) get an Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S right now
Everything you need to know about buying an Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, and where to find stock before it runs out.
Why is PS5 beating the Xbox Series X in comparisons? Microsoft responds.
The Xbox Series X seems to be losing out against the PlayStation 5 in real-world side-by-side tests, and Microsoft has issued a statement. Here's what they had to say.
The Black Friday keyboard deals you need to know about
Getting your hands on a new keyboard is exciting for PC users, and thanks to Black Friday, it's more affordable than ever before. Here's a look at the best Black Friday keyboard deals available now.
Plow through enemies with these great beat 'em ups for Xbox
Feel the urge to unleash some pent up frustrations on armies of bad guys? Here are some of the best beat em' ups and hack n' slashes to bring your much-needed catharsis.