PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG), the unrivaled hit "Battle Royale" shooter, continues to see frequent updates on Xbox One since its debut last month. Served through Xbox Game Preview, Microsoft's program for distributing in-progress titles on console, the game's developer continues to implement tweaks and new content ahead of a final release later this year.
PUBG has now received its fifth update on Xbox One, delivering several changes and tweaks for Xbox One players. The biggest change directly affects gameplay with a new weapon inventory system, moving pistols away from the "Y" button and over to "up" on the directional pad. This makes it easier to quickly switch between primaries, rather than cycling through all three weapon options.
The update also adds a new controller preset, fixing one of the biggest fundamental issues with the game's control scheme since launch. Though by default, aiming is mapped in two stages to the left trigger, this update offers the option of aiming down sights with "LT," while third-person aiming is activated by pressing "LB." For those who frequently use first-person aiming, this could be a welcome sight.
Like previous patches, this update also delivers further optimization and bug fixes. Here's a complete list of all the changes, as posted to the game's official forums.
- Pistols have been removed from Y button's weapon rotation and grouped with the melee weapon.
- Players can now equip pistols by pressing 'up' on the D pad.
- Continued improvements related to player "rubber banding".
- Enhanced server performance while parachuting.
- Added a new controller preset to options menu.
- Type B (new preset) now supports: Holding LT to aim down sight. Holding LB to use 3rd person perspective aim sight.
- Controller guide has been updated to include the new controller preset.
- Fixed an issue where players repositioned out of the battleground after certain actions and remained invulnerable until the end of the match.
- Additional memory and non-memory related crash fixes.
- Fixed the inability to join duo/squad through invites outside of game.
Known issues to be addressed next patch:
- Dropping objects causes the player to switch weapons.
- User is unable to switch grenade types when tapping right on the D-Pad.
With the patch already available, players will be forced to download an update before starting PUBG on Xbox One. After installing, all changes in the above changelog will be applied.
What do you think of today's changes? Make sure to drop into the comments with your thoughts.