What you need to know
- Poly, formerly known as Plantronics and Polycom, just revealed new headsets.
- The RIG 700 Series focuses on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
- They're priced at $130 and only work the platform you choose.
- You should be able to preorder them from Plantronics' website soon.
It looks like Plantronics is back! Today, Poly, formerly known as Plantronics and Polycom, announced the RIG 700 Series headsets. They're available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Just like the company's other devices, the RIG 700 Series features a lot of advancements. Keep in mind that the RIG 700 HX is for Xbox One, the RIG 700 HS is for PlayStation 4, and the RIG 700 HD is for PC.
You can take a look at some of the standouts part of the RIG 700 Series below.
- Lightweight: The RIG 700 is the lightest wireless RIG headset to date, but that doesn't mean it's not durable. The company said that it's comfortable the who day and there's no audio lag whatsoever.
- Battery: Since the RIG 700 is wireless, it needs a strong battery. Luckily, it can handle up to 12 hours on a single charge.
- Controls: The RIG 700 offers easily accessible game and chat dials so that you can tweak the levels to your heart's content. Plus, it features Windows Sonic support so that they provide crisp sound through the 40 mm speakers.
- Wireless: The RIG 700 features up to 30 feet of wireless range.
- Microphone: The headset contains a removable noise-canceling microphone.
The RIG 700 should go on sale soon for $130. The PC version can be preordered right now, but you'll have to wait a while before securing the Xbox One one. Check out Plantronics' website for more information and how to preorder.
Jump into digital
Ditch the discs
Secure your Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, Microsoft's new and ambitious disc-less console. It's the cheapest Xbox One ever made, bundled with a trio of downloadable games like Forza Horizon 3.
Excellent and affordable Xbox accessories
Up your Xbox experience with one (or all) of these budget accessories, all of which are approved by the gamers of Windows Central.
PowerA Play & Charge Kit for Xbox One ($15 at Amazon)
This charging kit keeps your Xbox One wireless controllers juiced up, and it offers batteries for two controllers. At just $15, this is hands-down our favorite budget charging companion.
ElecGear 4 Port USB Xbox One S Hub ($19 at Amazon)
This brilliant little USB splitter hub attaches perfectly to the side of your Xbox One S console. It's ideal for use with chargers, controllers, headsets, and more.
Controller Gear stand ($13 at Amazon)
Proudly display your Xbox gamepads with this stylish and functional stand. The licensed design is minimalist and black, and it has a hidden storage compartment, making the price of $13 a real steal.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.