What you need to know
- PowerToys has a new update that brings it to version 0.1.6.0.
- The update brings improvements to FancyZones and several new utilities.
- The update also brings over 100 fixes to issues.
Microsoft's PowerToys has a new update that brings several improvements and new utilities. The update brings the tool to v0.1.6.0 and adds a Markdown Preview pane extension, SVG Preview pane extension, Image Resizer Windows Shell extension, and Window Walker, which is an alt-tab alternative. The latest version also improves Fancyzones.
PowerToys is a collection of utilities for power users. It includes utilities like the PowerRename tool, an Image Resizer tool, and FancyZones, which lets you customize windows on your desktop.
Here's the complete changelog for v0.1.6.0:
Multi-Monitor improvement: Zone flipping switching now works between monitors! Simplified UX: Removed layout hot-swap and flashing feature due to need to improve multi-monitor support
- Markdown Preview pane extension
- SVG Preview pane extension
- Image Resizer Window Shell extension
- Window Walker, an alt-tab alternative
Fixed over 100 issues!
- Testing improvements
- 54 UX Functional tests
- 161 new Unit tests
Window Walker is an interesting utility that comes with this update. It allows you to press Control + Windows to bring up a search bar. You can then search for running programs on your PC.
You can grab the latest version of PowerToys from GitHub.