Prison Architect gets free 'Cleared for Transfer' expansion on PC
This is a nice surprise!
What you need to know
- Prison Architect is a prison management simulator.
- The game is getting a free expansion on PC in May.
- The "Cleared for Transfer" expansion adds a new layer of complexity to the game.
- You can purchase Prison Architect: Xbox One Edition — which is getting the expansion later — for $30 on the Microsoft Store (opens in new tab).
Prison Architect is a pretty interesting prison management simulator and today, the "Cleared for Transfer" expansion was announced. The expansion launches next month, and will be available for free to PC players who own Prison Architect. According to the press release Windows Central received, Cleared for Transfer introduces layers of complexity to inmate management and allows players to assign privileges to a security sector, incentivizing prisoners to improve their behavior while giving players more control over their prisons. This expansion also adds more rooms and other objects players can use to customize their prisons.
Steacy McIlwham, Product Manager for Prison Architect at Paradox Interactive, said the following.
Mark South, Chief Operating Officer at Double Eleven, added the following.
Some of the key features of the expansion are listed below.
- Prisoner Transfers: Prisoners can now transfer between security sectors of your prison.
- Special Privileges: Privileges can be assigned based on the security sector, giving your prisoners a motivation to transfer.
- Room Grading: You can now grade other rooms, such as yards, classrooms, common rooms, and a new gym.
- Custom Security Sectors: Create areas with custom security sectors that can include prisoners from different security levels.
- New Actions: You can initiate actions like shakedowns, tunnel searches, and lockdown.
This seems to be the most significant update Prison Architect has received and I hope it gets many more in the coming months. Are you going to jump back in? Let us know. Let's hope that it hits Xbox One soon!
Lock 'em up
Don't let anyone escape!
Take control of the building and running of a maximum-security prison as the critically acclaimed lock-em-up arrives on Xbox One.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
Free updates are always good, Paradox have a habit of adding numerous DLC to their titles and they are usually overpriced so this being a free update is a nice change. I did leave this game behind a few months ago on Xbox One though, not sure these changes will make me jump back in really.