Sea of Thieves is an exploration-based pirate game which launched on March 20, 2018. Rare is known for many famous franchises including Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, and GoldenEye. However, in recent years, the team focused on developing Kinect games for Xbox One and Xbox 360.
The game's "Forsaken Shores" expansion adds a new toxic volcanic area. However, the biggest addition has to be the rowboat. In order to survive the deadly waters, you have to use the vessel to avoid being boiled alive. The water can't support life due to the extreme heat. Once you find a rowboat, it can be docked to a larger ship and used wherever you go.
Today, Rare detailed some of the other content coming to Sea of Thieves with Forsaken Shores. You can read about the major additions below.
- Dangerous Devil's Roar voyages are very lucrative and offer tremendous rewards.
- Cargo Runs are a new game mode which reward you for delivering goods.
- There are multiple islands to discover in The Devil's Roar.
- The story revolves around the fate of the Forsaken Shores Alliance and how they disappeared.
- New characters which are linked to the region.
- New time-limited and permanent items.
- New items feature glowing metal.
- New tattoos and other clothing sets are also being added to the game.
- Seapost Traders are joining the game.
You can look at all of the items on the game's official website. It's great to see that Sea of Thieves is being supported so well after a lackluster launch. The Forsaken Shores expansion is expected to launch on September 27.
Sea of Thieves is currently available for $59.99 through various retailers, but it's free for Xbox Game Pass subscribers.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.