Should you be rocking the live version of the Xbox app you'll be receiving an update notification shortly which will introduce many features that were added to the beta earlier this week. There's only one problem; it appears as though you need to be on the Insider builds to get it. We've tried and failed on multiple Windows 10 installs to get the update without being on any testing ring.
It's quite the major update, here's what we're looking at:
- Edit and share GameDVR clips with any editor
- Share to Twitter from Xbox app
- Top PC game support, including online presence and game hubs
- Customise your profile-enhanced!
- Better suggestion engine for friends
- See your Xbox friends in the People app on Windows
- Performance and bug fixes
You can enjoy these new features by either downloading the Xbox app from the Windows Store. As noted above, we're struggling to get the update on our standard Windows 10 installs. Be sure to sound off in the comments if you manage to do so.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.