The most recent update for the Slack business-themed messaging service on Windows includes some notification improvements for Windows 10 users.
Here's what's new and what's been fixed in Slack 2.1.0, also known as "Dog Days Are Over":
- Customers on the Windows 10 beta will see enhanced notifications, including the sender's profile picture and image attachments. What a delight!
- When resuming from sleep, Slack was unusually groggy and would sometimes take over a minute to reconnect. We set an alarm, applied caffeine and a dash of code, and behold: the app resumes much faster now.
- A shiny new About box that lists our licenses legibly. Legalese: let it be.
- Can't find the release notes, you say? Wait, how did you get here? Oh well– try Help > What's New next time.
- An issue where teams could fall out of any sensible order in the sidebar. We put them back in formation.
- The sidebar was using the menu background color rather than the channel list color, resulting in a fashion faux pas for some custom themes.
- Always Show Menu Bar was checked when it should be unchecked, and unchecked when it should be checked. We swizzled its quantum spin and the universe is consistent once again.
- Opening developer tools through a troubleshooting link (which we occasionally use for support) now does what we told you it would do.
Update 6: Microsoft wants all of TikTok, but Trump's order may interfere
The Financial Times reports that as part of negotiations, Microsoft is now inquiring whether it can buy all of TikTok, instead of just the business in the US., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. This new plan would include India and Europe (and excluding China).
Apple responds to Project xCloud iOS block, Microsoft kicks back
With Microsoft's Project xCloud streaming platform locked out from iOS devices, Apple doubles down on App Store restrictions.
Microsoft-TikTok deal is a 'poison chalice,' says Bill Gates
In a new interview, former Microsoft CEO Bill Gates called a potential deal to acquire TikTok a "poison chalice," referencing the fraight nature of TikTok's forced sale in the U.S.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.