What you need to know
- Microsoft recently shipped an update for Edge Dev that brings the browser to version 105.0.1321.0.
- The update includes a small handful of new features, none of which are major.
- The browser now has an "x" button to close its Share pane and will show a notification when someone attempts to share a PDF larger than 25MB.
Microsoft Edge Dev just received an update to version 105.0.1321.0. The update includes a small group of minor new features, including an "x" button that can close the Share pane. Edge Dev will now show a notification when a user attempts to share a PDF larger than 25MB as well.
Here are the added features in the build, as shared by Microsoft (opens in new tab):
- Added language region information to the offline voices for iOS
- Added the “x” close button to the Share pane
- Added in a notification when users try to Share a PDF larger than 25MB
- Added a tooltip for MicroFeedback (thumbs up/thumbs down icons) in settings
The update also improves reliability in several areas:
- Improved Edge Cloud Control Platform for Android and iOS
- Improvements for Android Read aloud
- Improved tooltips on the mini menu
- Improved Designer hub behavior to properly open and close on macOS
- Improved the tabs' view for iOS
- Improved accessibility by adding announcements for the translate and cancel buttons on translate pane in Immersive Reader for mobile
- Improved drag/drop functionality
- Improved features for Autofill
- Ensured YouTube will load when clicking on the Windows notification
There are also some changed behaviors that arrive with the update:
- Fixed iOS app popup menu
- Fixed issue where icon styling was making doc icons appear as circles
- Changed the behavior when closing out of a text-note window on PDFs to focus back on the note highlight
- Optimized mobile notification requests
- Fixed a visual issue where the optional diagnostics box did not appear unchecked on Android
- Completed changes for the Digital Signature icon on toolbar for Microsoft Browser
- Fixed saved passwords from re-organizing after searching for a password on iOS
- Fixed the issue were clicking on Windows notifications from a website does not open that website
- Fixed an issue were Read Aloud does not start
- Updated announcement phrase for the InfoBar after updating cookie settings
- Selecting Customize toolbar from the toolbar’s right-click menu will land users directly on the Customize toolbar section in Settings
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com (opens in new tab).
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.