Many of us are celebrating Saint Paddy's Day, but developers have been hard at work getting new releases out to your Windows Phones. Today we'll be looking at a number of apps, which have been bumped to new versions to include new functionality and bug fixes. Grab a hot (or cold) beverage, get comfortable and join us past the break for the run through.
Maxthon Browser 18.104.22.1680
There are a few alternative web browsers available for Windows Phone and Maxthon is a popular solution. We've previously looked at the Maxthon Browser and how it provides a speedy experience. The developers have released version 22.214.171.1240, which includes the following additions:
- Adjust your Quick Access tiles and move them around to access your favorite websites in just one click
- Re-load a web page as often as needed with a new refresh/stop function
- Open pages in new tabs when typing url
If you're looking for something a little more than Internet Explorer, give Maxthon a try today and see how you go.
- Maxthon Browser (3 MB - free)
Using social networks like Twitter or Instagram, you may wish to be alerted to folk who severe their connection with you by hitting the "unfollow" button. Luckily, UnfollowSpy is here to help you stalk your stalkers and know who has decided to stop receiving your content.
Here is what's new in version 2.1.1:
- Splash screen added
- Redesigned settings page
- "Refresh mode" setting added
- Bug fixes
The app supports both Twitter and Instagram, enabling you to check out some useful statistics.
- UnfollowSpy (4 MB - free)
The Windows Phone developer community produce excellent third-party apps for services that haven't quite got their act together when it comes to platform support. 2flicka is an unofficial client for Flickr, which has been bumped numerous times to include new functionality.
Version 1.7 for 2flicka is a rather minor update, bringing the following changes to Windows Phone:
- Unified UX to be more consistent throughout the app
- Improved hi-res photo viewer
Anyone who uses Flickr should definitely check out 2flicka as their portal to the popular photo sharing network. It's a superb app and is frequently updated.
- 2flicka (4 MB - free)
Permia Duels 126.96.36.199
Card games are becoming seemingly more popular with the likes of Hearthstone from Blizzard, and Permia Duels is an excellent title for Windows Phone. Players take charge of creating the perfect deck, upgrading and forming new cards, taking on other players in battle. The gameplay is simple, yet highly addictive.
Version 188.8.131.52 introduces the following:
- Detail view
- Messages view
- Bug fixes and general improvements
We recommend you check Permia Duels out, especially since it's free (in-app purchases) and battles can be quick making it perfect for those who have a few minutes to spare.
- Permia Duels (69 MB - free)
Odds and ends
Not only have we received tips and notifications on the above apps and games receiving updates, but also the below listings too. Check out to see if your favorites have been bumped to new versions.
- QONQR (version 1.21.5184.3864)
- didlr (version 184.108.40.206)
- myAppFree (version 220.127.116.11)
- Nokia treasure Tag (version 18.104.22.168)
- Nokia Audio (version 22.214.171.124) - Gains support for external speakers, still no Bluetooth
- Subway Surfers (version 126.96.36.199)
- UC Browser (version 188.8.131.527)