What you need to know
- State of Decay 2 is a survival game from Xbox Game Studios.
- It's about to get a massive Update 19.
- It'll add a World War II weapons pack and more.
- State of Decay 2 is part of Xbox Game Pass.
A few days ago, we reported that State of Decay 2 was getting an overhauled vehicle system. Yesterday, developer Undead Labs revealed even more details about the upcoming update and new World War II weapons.
You can take a look at everything that was announced below. Each new piece of news is broken down into its corresponding section so it's easier to follow given the sheer volume of information.
World War II
- MP 40 is being added to the game with the new World War II pack.
- A giant hammer is being added to the game with the new World War II pack.
- A suppressed revolver is also being added to the game with the new World War II pack.
- More World War II weapons are being added that are designed to be useful to high-level players.
- Past World War II weapons will now be found throughout the world.
- Shotguns were imprecise beforehand.
- They've been revamped so that they're guaranteed to hit zombies, within reason.
- All of the shotguns in the game appear to have been upgraded.
- Long-range shotguns will still be better, like the hunting shotgun.
- The Pyro Launcher is an overpowered weapon.
- It's getting nerfed in the next update.
- There are a lot of other alternatives that can quickly kill Plague Hearts.
- The Wizard Van has been in the game for too long.
- It's being removed with the next update from my understanding.
- A Blood Drive Van will be taking its place to encourage people to donate blood.
- Beforehand, players mostly found 5-6 containers.
- Now, there will be even more 8-12 container areas.
- This is so you'll know how to approach each building.
- The added containers also make it more satisfying.
- The Truck Shop beforehand didn't allow you to repair vehicles for some odd reason.
- Now it's going to allow you to do that.
- You can also craft repair kits and get a major discount on how many materials are required.
- For example, you can get three for the price of two, and so on.
- All vehicles are faster and more powerful.
- Sports cars are still the fastest you can go in the game.
- Some maps have received a visual upgrade.
All of these changes will hit with Update 19. What are the tweaks you're most excited for? What do you want to see from State of Decay 2? Let us know.
Play more games
It'll last you a couple of months
Xbox Game Pass gives you access to over 200 games for one monthly fee. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate also adds Xbox Live Gold to the package so you can play online with your friends.
Xbox (opens in new tab)
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.