If you're into streaming be that to Mixer, Twitch or somewhere else, you've probably heard of or already use Streamlabs. Most of the world's top streamers all use Streamlabs in some form, too, and with Streamlabs OBS you have an incredible tool to make your stream look amazing.
Today, Streamlabs is announcing the next step: An app store for streamers that lives within SLOBS. And it looks pretty good.
Today, Streamlabs is announcing the launch of a native App Store with a growing collection of apps built entirely within Streamlabs OBS (SLOBS). Users will have access to over a dozen diverse and feature-rich applications designed to help live streamers grow their channel. Pretty cool right? Well, it gets better. Everyone who visits the store gets $15 to check out the apps.
Initially, the store will be an invite-only affair, with the apps curated by Streamlabs. This is in part to allow the team to work with developers as close as possible, ensuring seamless integration with SLOBS and any custom API work that may be required can be completed.
And because Streamlabs wants to support and encourage developers, all users are getting a $15 credit to jump in and check out some of the early submissions.
A selection of the early apps coming to Streamlabs includes:
- Broadcast premium music with ease and protect your business with zero DMCA risk (developed by Monstercat)
- Understand your audience with Live Dashboard containing 90 different widgets (developed by LayerOne)
- On-stream stats overlays for League of Legends and Fortnite (developed by Tomatolicious)
- Engage with your community with polls, profile image rain, and quizzes during downtime (developed by SuperMashApp)
- Plug your YouTube channel on your stream! Show a rotating feed of your recent video upload thumbnails right on your overlay (developed by Tomatolicious)
And plenty more besides. The icing on the cake is that besides the $15 credit for users to buy apps with, Streamlabs is digging deep into its pockets to provide an initial developer fund.
To top it off, Streamlabs will invest $1,000,000 in a developer fund aimed at helping developers grow their business. We'll use the funds to (1) grow adoption for the app store and to (2) support talented developers, especially early in their product lifecycle.
This is only the beginning and very much a V1, but it's a welcome addition to an already incredible app and service. Apps should begin rolling out before the end of November, and if you're yet to take a look, Streamlabs OBS is free to download. You can find out more over on the Streamlabs blog.