The popular third-party Twitter desktop client Tweeten has received a major update to version 3.1 for Windows users with a new login and splash screen. In addition, we should see a version released in the Windows Store soon.
The app's official blog post reveals what's new and improved in Tweeten 3.1:
- We've added a new splash screen for the app
- The login experience has been completely redesigned
- We have also redesigned the logout experience
- You can now enable GIFs to download in the background automatically
- The app can now minimizes to tray (disabled by default) when you close it on Windows (previously it'd go to the tray when you minimized the window)
- Fixed an issue where Tweeten would forget its window state when opened from the tray
- Fixed an issue which prevented the tray icon from retaining its position on the tray
In addition, the Tweeten Windows Store version is apparently ready for the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update:
Once Microsoft releases the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (rollout starts tomorrow), we should be able to submit the app to the Windows Store. This will make the app update process a lot simpler for us. However, if you prefer to download the .exe for Tweeten, you'll continue to be able to get it from our website.
The first two Snapdragon 7c PCs are here, and they start at $299 with LTE
Along with a slew of announcements for the education market this week, Microsoft debuted the first two PCs to be powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 7c platform. Both are targeted at the education market, and they bring LTE for as little as $299.
Need a laptop with a Thunderbolt 3 port? Every PC here deserves a look.
Looking for a new laptop that has Thunderbolt 3 ports? Well, you're in luck, as we've rounded up what we think are the best Thunderbolt 3 enabled laptops available to buy today.
Windows 10 build 19546 arrives for Fast ring with graphing calculator
Microsoft pushed out another new Windows 10 Preview build for Windows Insiders on the Fast ring today. This build brings the build number up to 19546, and it includes a new graphing mode for the Calculator app.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.