The Twitter Progressive Web App (PWA) for Windows 10 picked up a chronological timeline toggle last week, but it turns out that's not the only addition Twitter had in the cards. The company posted a set of updated release notes this week, detailing the new toggle alongside additional tweaks for emoji, new beta language support, and a flurry of fixes (via OnMSFT).
In the latest batch of updates, there's now a new icon for Explore that helps it stand out from the general search icon when viewing the app in widescreen. Additionally, there's now beta language support on board for Irish, Galician, Basque, and Urdu.
Here's a look at the full release notes, dated February 26:
- Timeline: The chronological timeline switch is now on for web! Click the ✨ at the top of your timeline to get your tweets in chronological order (or switch to the algorithmic timeline). We will eventually switch you back to the algorithmic tweets after a while, but if you keep switching we'll wait longer before changing it back.
- Navigation (widescreen): We changed the icon for Explore from a 🔍 into a #⃣. When in widescreen mode, there's a search field on the screen, and having one 🔍 for Explore and another 🔍 for search was confusing. 🔍
- Internationalization: Enabled our beta language support for Irish, Galician, Basque and Urdu.
- Emoji: DM Groups and List titles now use Twemoji rather than native OS emoji for more reliable rendering
- App: There was a somewhat rare, almost impossible to reproduce, situation with UTF-8 character encoding that was causing the app to crash when loading. All files are now serving with proper encoding. Sorry Peru 😬
- Events: Events that are not found show a not found error instead of the generic 'Try Again'
- DMs: The thing where the text input wouldn't have focus when entering a DM conversation is better
- Internationalization: Corrected the display of numbers and Tweet action icons (e.g. "55 Retweets") in languages that read right to left.
- Accessibility: The screen reader reads the Tweet when navigating the timeline with J/K keyboard shortcuts. Including the number of Replies, Likes, and Retweets. Ratios for everyone!
- Accessibility: Social proof (e.g. "@Twitter Retweeted") now reads properly with screen readers
- Accessibility: Improved handling of screen magnification
- Accessibility: Added an aria label to the 'promoted' marker so the screen reader can tell when the Tweet is an ad
If you want to give the Twitter PWA for Windows 10 a try, you can grab it for free from the Microsoft Store.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Rainbow Six Siege Year 5: What to expect in 2020
As Rainbow Six Siege Year 5 approaches, we’ve wrapped up everything we know about its Operators, maps, and more so far.
Rainbow Six Siege coming to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X
Ubisoft plans to bring Rainbow Six Siege to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X on launch day, while also hopeful of delivering cross-play and cross-platform progression soon.
Should you get an SSD or HDD when building your PC?
Building or upgrading a PC and don't know whether to go with SSD or HDD for your storage? Let's break it down.
The Super Bowl is finally here. Check out these must-see Windows apps
After an excellent regular season and a thrilling first few rounds of the NFL Playoffs, the Super Bowl is finally here. Here are the best Windows 10 apps to help you enjoy the big game.