Our Lumia 635 managed to get the update early, so we cobbled together this 14 minute video tour of the latest version. We will do a more thorough video walk through of individual new features later, when we have more time.
For now, consider this a quick pass after using the new OS for 15 minutes. We know many of you are excited to see what's new, but there is a lot going on in this update.
Between snapping photos, shooting video, sending screenshots, and managing the site, I have not had much time with the new OS. However, I can offer some initial impressions:
- I would not use this on my main phone/daily driver. Grab a budget Lumia instead.
- The OS feels a bit smoother, but this is still very 'beta' software
- The OS is very different, yet the same. It can be a bit jarring.
- Windows 10 for phone has a ton of potential and you can see it here, but there is much work left to be done
- Using this build, you very much feel like what it is to be an alpha or beta tester: You get what you wished for, which is good and bad
- Lots of hamburger menus, but they are not all bad on a smaller display
- Project Spartan is interesting, but it is still very rough to use
- Outlook Email looks great although the icons without labels can be confusing
So there you have it. Watch the video and give us some time to go through and parse everything that is new and worth covering. Many details were missed here e.g. the new email editor, but we will get to that soon enough.
Are you using the new build? Let us know what you think and share with us any new discoveries!
Get early access to Windows 10 October 2020 update – here's how.
In this guide, we'll show you the steps to upgrade your computer to the final release of the Windows 10 October 2020 Update before it's officially available to everyone.
Windows 10 October 2020 Update moves closer to launch with Release Preview
The Windows 10 October 2020 Update is nearly ready for primetime. Microsoft began shipping the update to Release Preview Insiders today, which is the last stop before it will start its full rollout to the public.
Join us LIVE for the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30PM ET
We're LIVE with the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30pm ET, make sure you're there!
These are the best CPUs for playing Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
Having the best CPU you can afford installed will let you enjoy Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 at whole new levels. This is why we've rounded up the best picks from AMD and Intel to help you get started.