The recently released VLC app for Xbox One is snagging some controller tweaks and changes thanks to its latest update. While the update isn't major from a general features standpoint, it does add some quality of life improvements with the ability to seek using the controller triggers and close the playback overlay with the B button.
- Added fast seek using gamepad triggers
- B will now close the playback overlay when it's displayed
- Fix default control panel button focus
- Improved media discovering performances
- Fixed tab colors
- General performance improvement
- Fix crash when browsing password protected network drives
- Fix mixed up channels when playing 5.1/7.1
- Fix too long media discovery
- Fix wrong external drive being browsed when 2 or more drives are plugged in
- Fix various hardware acceleration bugs
- Fix crash when displaying teletext subtitles
- Fix inconsistent background audio behavior
- Fix duplicated display of network drives
As of this writing, the update is in the certification process, so it may take some time to show as available. Once you do have it installed, however, you should find controlling playback a little more intuitive overall.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.