Microsoft has just started rolling out another Insider Preview build for Windows 10 on PCs and Windows 10 Mobile. Today's build in question is 14965 and is rolling out for those on the Insider Fast ring, featuring a number of new bug fixes, enhancements and features.
- Controlling external monitors from tablets just got easier (PC): You can now drive content on a second display from your tablet without ever having to attach a mouse. The virtual touchpad lets you do more with a tablet and a second screen – just connect to another monitor, PC, or TV, go to Action Center and tap on the "Project" Quick Action to extend your screen.
- Sticky Notes update (PC): Windows Insiders in the Fast ring will receive will receive Sticky Notes app update to version 22.214.171.124 today and we're very excited to share what it includes! We've expanded our support for Insights to many more languages and regions, with even more to come in further updates, stay tuned!
- Windows Ink Workspace Improvements (PC): This build includes a number of improvements to the Windows Ink Workspace.
- Enhancing the Address Bar in Registry Editor (PC): We were really excited to hear how excited you were about the new address bar in Registry Editor, and based on your feedback, we've already incorporated two new features.
- Improving Your Hyper-V VM experience (PC): Following the new VM scaling options mentioned in last week's build, we've fixed an issue where depending on the zoom level selected, the VM window might not be created large enough to avoid scrollbars, despite their being enough space for it.
As with all Insider builds, it can take some time for the build to propagate throughout Windows Update, so if you can't see the build yet, give it a few minutes. Also keep in mind that for Mobile users, this update will download using the new Unified Update Platform, which will shrink your download significantly.
Join us LIVE for the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30PM ET
We're LIVE with the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30pm ET, make sure you're there!
The Black Friday keyboard deals you need to know about
Getting your hands on a new keyboard is exciting for PC users, and thanks to Black Friday, it's more affordable than ever before. Here's a look at the best Black Friday keyboard deals available now.
Microsoft’s ‘Project Latte’ aims to bring Android apps to Windows 10
Microsoft is working on a software solution that would allow app developers to bring their Android apps to Windows 10 with little to no code changes by packaging them as an MSIX and allowing developers to submit them to the Microsoft Store. The project is codenamed 'Latte' and I'm told it could show up as soon as next year.
These are the best PC sticks for when you're on the move
Instant computer, just add a screen! That’s the general idea of the ultra-portable PC Compute Sticks, but it can be hard to know which one you want. Relax, we’ve got you covered.