What you need to know
- Microsoft recently released Patch Tuesday updates for Windows 11 and Windows 10.
- The updates include the regular set of security fixes and improvements seen each month.
- You can grab the updates through the Windows Settings app or through the Microsoft Update Catalog.
As it's the second week of the month, it's time for Patch Tuesday updates to roll out for Windows 11 and Windows 10. Microsoft recently shipped the KB5013943 update (Build 22000.675) to PCs running Windows 11 and the KB5013942 update (Builds 19042.1706, 19043.1706, and 19044.1706) to systems on Windows 10.
Both of the updates include security fixes and improvements. Specifically, the update to Windows 11 includes the following change:
- Addresses a known issue that might cause your screen to flicker if you start your device in Safe Mode. Components that rely on explorer.exe, such as File Explorer, the Start menu, and the taskbar, might be affected and appear unstable.
The update for Windows 11 also has all of the improvements that were in the KB5012643 update, which was released on April 25, 2022. Here are the highlights from that update:
- Updates an issue that might cause video subtitles to be partially cut off.
- Updates an issue that incorrectly aligns video subtitles.
- Displays the temperature on top of the weather icon on the taskbar if your taskbar is aligned on the left.
- Updates an issue that prevents you from using the minimize, maximize, and close buttons on a maximized app window.
You can get the latest builds of Windows 11 and Windows 10 by searching for an update through the Settings app. You can also download the updates directly through the Microsoft Update Catalog (Windows 11, Windows 10)
Sean Endicott is the news writer for Windows Central. If it runs Windows, is made by Microsoft, or has anything to do with either, he's on it. Sean's been with Windows Central since 2017 and is also our resident app expert. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at firstname.lastname@example.org.
So I'm having problems with this update. Numerous programs and plug-ins are failing to load. HpseuHostLauncher, LogiOptions (for Logitech mouse and keyboard), and some Office add-on (something like "autozip"). Is anyone else having issues with this update?
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.