What you need to know
- Windows 11 build 22000.346 has been released for those in the Release Preview and Beta Channels.
- It brings a laundry list of improvements to the Windows 11 experience, along with numerous bug fixes.
- It also brings the new, flat Windows 11 emoji to the two aforementioned channels.
Windows Insiders in the Beta and Release Preview Channels have a Friday treat to look forward to, as Windows 11 build 22000.346 has been released. This fresh build brings a gigantic list of improvements and issue fixes, along with the new flat emoji that hit the Dev Channel a while back.
The arrival of flat emoji to two more channels further cements the idea that Windows 11 will truly be stuck with the 2D counterparts of the 3D emoji Microsoft promised Windows users a while back. As for the less controversial inclusions from the new build, here's a sampling of what's on the docket. Expect a lot of quality-of-life tweaks and even a fix for a problem plaguing those using Windows' Braille options:
- We fixed an issue that affects the Appx PowerShell cmdlet functionality on PowerShell 7.1 and later.
- We fixed an issue that causes some users to see an unexpected "bad image" error message dialog at startup.
- We fixed an issue that causes searchindexer.exe to stop responding during a dismount operation in the remote desktop environment.
- We fixed an issue that affects the opening of the SearchFilterHost.exe process.
- We added support for the cancellation of daylight savings time for the Republic of Fiji for 2021.
- We fixed an issue that causes devices that have certain processors to stop responding when waking from hibernation.
- We fixed a COM initialization issue in wslapi.dll that might cause the calling process to stop working.
- We fixed an issue that affects Microsoft Narrator users when they select Braille options in Settings.
The list is much, much longer than that, so check out all the other items that were fixed, updated, and added over on Microsoft's 22000.346 release blog post.
Robert Carnevale is the News Editor for Windows Central. He's a big fan of Kinect (it lives on in his heart), Sonic the Hedgehog, and the legendary intersection of those two titans, Sonic Free Riders. He is the author of Cold War 2395. Have a useful tip? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As important as a timezone fix in FIji is for the vast majority of your readers, you left out the rather important change later on in the list, "We fixed an issue where OS functionality could be improperly redirected when microsoft-edge: links are invoked." - a sly way of saying they broke EdgeDeflector. Your choice of highlights here is.... interesting. But on the whole, there's nothing worthwhile in this build at all.
I'm unable to install this build because of error 0x800f081f.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.