It's been a few weeks since our last podcast so we're back to catch up on Windows Phone 7.8, Windows Phone 8, some marketplace woes and missing Xbox games.
Tune in as Jay Bennett, Rafael Rivera and Daniel Rubino discuss the latest news for Windows Phone...
- Stream with the Official WPCentral App
- Download it directly with this link
- Watch the HD video after the page break
- Subscribe on your Zune
- Subscribe via iTunes (opens in new tab)
- Subscribe directly to the Podcast feed with your favorite Podcatcher here
- Listen to it here with the flash player above.
Windows Phone Central podcast, episode 152 for 30 November, 2012
The big stories
- Official: Windows Phone 7.8 Update due in early 2013 (opens in new tab)
- We look at 7.8's features (opens in new tab)
- Microsoft plans fix for Windows Phone 8 rebooting issue with OTA patch (opens in new tab)
- Nokia rolls out Deadmau5 for another Lumia launch
- Microsoft announces Surface PRO pricing (opens in new tab)
- What is missing from Windows Phone 8? About 20 Xbox games that no longer work (opens in new tab)
- Microsoft quietly fixes Windows Phone Store issue for app re-purchases (opens in new tab)
- Now available: Windows Phone Central official app v3.2
- Parcel Tracker phone app becomes Package Tracker and completes Windows 8 experience
- Reddit client Baconit 2.5 for Windows Phone now available
- Nokia Maps updated, now sufficiently fast at starting
- HTC 8X vs Nokia Lumia 920: Signature vs Flagship (opens in new tab)
- VLC starts up Kickstarter for Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 development funding
- Quick review – Nokia Wireless Charging Stand (opens in new tab)
- Microsoft branded Windows Phone headed to production?
- Excuse me, is that a Windows Phone?
- Steve Ballmer: Windows Phone sales up 300 percent (opens in new tab)
- Comments from last time
- Live questions and comments
You can find us all on Twitter @wpcentral (opens in new tab), @daniel_rubino (opens in new tab), @coppertop004 (opens in new tab), @RichEdmonds (opens in new tab), @JayTBennett (opens in new tab), @segacon, @WithinRafael (opens in new tab), @RogueCode (opens in new tab), @Big_D5 (opens in new tab), @groovepoint (opens in new tab)
This has been a Mobile Nations podcast, go to Mobilenations.com (opens in new tab) for more great shows covering everything mobile, or head over to the WPCentral Forums (opens in new tab) if you'd like to get involved with our community in discussing more about Windows Phone news, devices and apps.
Thanks to the WPCentral Store (opens in new tab) for sponsoring the podcast. Thanks also to these great artists for the music and to CCMixter.org (opens in new tab) for offering a great database of Creative Commons music!
Daniel Rubino is the Executive Editor of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft here since 2007, back when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, Microsoft Surface, laptops, next-gen computing, and arguing with people on the internet.
There should be an option to listen to or watch the podcast on the wpcentral app
Scroll right, tap Podcast button. Stream audio.
In app or in browser?
I'm not seeing it either location. In browser it says to stream on the app, but that's just a link to the store.
Daniel already answered... In the App swipe right from the main screen - you'll see a wall of tiles, one is Podcast. Use that :P
Images, Video, Download App, Show in Browser, View Links, Save to Offline..., Share Those are my only available choices in app.
You're in the article menu - go back out to the main menu in the app under browse and you'll see podcast. Have to have the full version though...
Go right from the main page of the app. A big tile that says podcasts
You're looking in the article, not the app itself.
Can we listen to the podcasts live?
It is about time. I've been waiting for a new episode. I shall enjoy listening.
Great viewing with a splash of comedy here and their lol but what I want to know is on the Windows Phone 7.8 is their going to be screen capture? It wasn't brought up in the chat.
Re: comment by Jay about a phone with VaporMg casing. Wasn't one of the reasons 3G/4G wasn't built-in to the Surface due to reception of that body with those radios? I suppose they could find a solution to mitigate that, but maybe that would be a big challenge to going that route. I guess we'll see if MS is making an in-house WP8 device if they go that route.
Close. They didn't use 3G/4G because of a survey that showed most people never used it on tablets. But, they didn't include NFC beause of the VaporMag casing and reception issues...
Great podcast guys. Glad to hear you describe the exact way I look and feel everytime I open Nokia Maps. The traffic does suck on it and the program leaves a lot to be desired in comparison to Bing Maps. I let them know this the other night also.
I'm really excited for the pro because of the pen as well. I can't wait to use OneNote on it for my chemistry and molecular biology courses
Question for you guys: on the lumia 920, if you make the background colour white, do you see any light bleeding from the edges?
Great job guys...
About the Nokia-maps hate..
Here in Sweden Nokia maps is freakin awesome compared to Bing Maps. Nokia Maps actually has POIs here. The maps experience was pretty much useless on my Omnia7.
Same goes for Nokia Music that finds gigs around me. These things are actually useful on WP over here thanks to Nokia. Bing is still dead outside US so it doesnt matter if it loads faster and automaticly changes to satelite view when zoomed in etc etc.
The link at the top of the page is wrong. It should be http://traffic.libsyn.com/wmexperts/wpcentral152.mp3
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.