In this release, Microsoft has continued to improve the wizard. The update also packs new features for sharing, tweaks to templates, and much more. Here's a full look at what's new, from the release notes:
- Share source, share target
- Feedback hub (added in v1.4)
- Minor tweaks for Fluent
- Caliburn.Micro Support (added in v1.4)
Improvements to the Wizard
- Localization in all Visual Studio supported language
- Adjusted the feature categories
- Lots of under the hood bug fixes and code improvements
- Much more Visual Basic engine work
- Work for supporting multiple projects in a single solution
- Work to support Prism
- Bug fixes
As for future updates to Windows Template Studio, Microsoft says it is working on a new image gallery feature, visual basic support, prism support, and much more.
Windows Template Studio has taken the place of Windows App Studio, a web-based tool for easily creating apps without coding knowledge. Windows App Studio was fully retired as of December 1, leaving Windows Template Studio in its stead.
If you already have the Windows Template Studio extension installed in Visual Studio, you should be able to update it now. Otherwise, you can grab Windows Template Studio at Microsoft now.