- Stream with the Official WPCentral App (opens Zune)
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe on your Zune
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Subscribe directly to the Podcast feed with your favorite Podcatcher here
- Listen to it here with the flash player above.
Our pre-Thanksgiving show is in full effect! Jay and Daniel discuss the new AT&T TItan, Nokia's ongoing media campaign, lots of software news including MetroTube, Mehdoh, Nokia Drive (and piracy) and more.
See the full show notes after the break. Sadly, the video from the Live podcast was lost. RIP. (We'll have those bugs worked out for next week).
- Nokia is positive about the Lumia's launch
- LG's Jil Sander device is available
- Focus 1.4 gets Mango & we have a 7740 patch?
- WPCentral is changing
- Your big updates this week are: Twitter, 4th & Mayor, IM+, Slingplayer, Handyscan, Amazon Mobile, Mehdoh & WPCentral
- MetroTube coming soon
- Fffffffffffffffffffffound! a developer
- Nokia drive has been ripped, but will it be officially available anyway?
- Lumia 800 early adopter problems
- Lumia 610 surfaces - pretends it doesn't exist
- Titan on AT&T - shipping problems!
- Lumia little amazing show ad campaign
- The saga of apps for Cracked.com
- Brandon Watson's lessons learned
- Comments from last week
- Live questions
This has been a Mobile Nations podcast, go to Mobilenations.com for more great shows covering everything mobile. Thanks to the WPCentral Store for sponsoring the podcast. Thanks also to these great artists for the music and to CCMixter.org for offering a great database of Creative Commons music!
Daniel Rubino is the Executive Editor of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft here since 2007, back when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, Microsoft Surface, laptops, next-gen computing, and arguing with people on the internet.
Excellent podcast and very interesting stuff on initial bugs. Just wondered if you guys had seen the issue at the following link. Love my hd7 with mango but this really sucks http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp7-wpmusic/zune-on-wp7-freezes-between-songs/e862bde0-fd1f-471e-9822-5c7a44746390
If you do go through all the links you can see that there hasn't been much communication back from MS or HTC on this issue.
Also can someone explain to me why I can't get podcasts through Zune in the UK? Currently using bringcast, which is a good app, but hasn't been mangoed yet so it can be a bit annoying when you get texts etc and have to come out and stop listening. And I'm not going to use the Zune software as I can't stand switching on my PC just to update my podcasts.
I don't like that Microsoft don't support all countrys with their products. For example I'm from Slovenia and I can't subscribe to that podcast on zune, also marketplace on Windows phone is not supported here, so I can't buy any app. Those were just two examples. :(
I like the santa hat.
I noticed you guys discussed something about number of apps that will multitask.
I have a few comments on this:
Firstly, I don't think the number of apps/screens is limited to 5 at all. The number that is in the multitasking screen IS limited to 5, obviously, but using the back button, I have noticed I can access additional things depending on the situation.
Secondly, the 9 vs 15 thing was never about number of apps that are multitasking. I believe it was about the number of *background tasks* allowed to run. I have not hit 9 myself so I can't yet see what mine does. In any event, I think this is what should be investigated, if you wish to.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.