Microsoft is rolling out an update for the Xbox 360 that adds support for, among other things, adding up to 2TB of extra storage via USB hard drives. This feature was offered a few weeks ago for members of the new Xbox 360 preview program.
Before today, the Xbox 360 could only handle up to 32GB of external hard drive storage. Here's what's new and improved with today's update:
- Larger external USB hard drives – Plug in any external USB hard drive up to 2 TB to store your Xbox 360 downloads, profile, saved games, and other data.
- Purchase history – To view your recent purchases, go to Settings > Account >Purchase History.
- Password reset - You can now reset your password by selecting Forgot your password? at sign-in.
- Network statistics - View download speed, upload speed, and signal strength, go to Settings> System > Network Settings. Select your network, and then choose Network Statistics.
- See your money - Your Microsoft account balance now appears in the top-right corner of the Xbox Dashboard. To turn it off, go to Settings > Profile > Account Security.
Will you be adding a larger hard drive to your Xbox 360 soon?
Source: Major Nelson
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.