A small update is headed out to Xbox Insider Program members on the Alpha ring this evening, bringing along a single fix and a couple of known issues to be aware of. There aren't any new features to speak of in this latest release, though the release notes do hint that one big feature will be ready for testing soon: custom gamerpics. Though they were originally due to hit the Alpha ring sometime this week, the ETA on custom gamerpics arriving in the Alpha ring is now next week, following some extra tuning. That said, here's a look at what's new in today's build.
- OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1704.170330-1900
- Available: 6:00PM PDT 4/3 (1:00AM GMT 4/4)
- Language Settings: Fixed an issue which could cause Home to crash when the console is configured to certain locales (JA-JP, ZH-HK, ZH-TW, JA, ZH-SG, ZH-HAN).
- KNOWN ISSUES:
- Settings - Display & sound: The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- Wireless Display: The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.