Xbox Insider update brings more fixes to the Alpha ring
A small update is headed out to Xbox Insider Program members on the Alpha ring this evening, bringing along a single fix and a couple of known issues to be aware of. There aren't any new features to speak of in this latest release, though the release notes do hint that one big feature will be ready for testing soon: custom gamerpics. Though they were originally due to hit the Alpha ring sometime this week, the ETA on custom gamerpics arriving in the Alpha ring is now next week, following some extra tuning. That said, here's a look at what's new in today's build.
- OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1704.170330-1900
- Available: 6:00PM PDT 4/3 (1:00AM GMT 4/4)
- Language Settings: Fixed an issue which could cause Home to crash when the console is configured to certain locales (JA-JP, ZH-HK, ZH-TW, JA, ZH-SG, ZH-HAN).
- KNOWN ISSUES:
- Settings - Display & sound: The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- Wireless Display: The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the former Editor-in-Chief of Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl.
Wireless display...when that goes back up i hope to find out for all the waiting uhd was added...hell the 59.00 Chromecast ultra does it. I bet the one s can too. And atmos is only a known issue because it's a big miss of a new feature. Please let me alpha test that one.
Will the wireless display app ever get fixed? Seems to be an issue with all builds.
So annoying. I used to use it constantly with my SP3. Now I have to use the Photos app for pictures and the Video app to stream.
Does anyone know what the problem with the fonts is? Every time a new text element is added to a page or a menu, the font is unreadable. This has been happening since I joined the preview program 18 months ago. Eventually each instance gets fixed and then a new update brings a new instance. I keep reporting them but I'm starting to think there's a reason why this is still happening and that by reporting them I'm just wasting everyone's time.
It's placeholder text whilst coding etc.. usually the last thing to be added in a final build.. usually still readable. Not something to be too worried about and if it annoys you than you can opt out of the preview program and it will go back to normal.
It doesn't annoy me, I just wondered why it keeps happening. I assumed the developers were smart enough not to just keep reintroducing the same bug on every build, so it started me wondering if it was something I should really be reporting, week after week. ☺ Thanks for clearing it up.
What about beam streaming issue where it keeps crapping out when u try to stream. It's a pain in the butt to pipe the Xbox to a pc then use obs. You loose the on screen chat and everything that way too.