While Xbox Insiders enrolled in both the Alpha and Beta rings have been receiving Windows 10 Creator's Update builds for some time now, Microsoft is finally expanding access to the next ring of users.
As of today, a subset of Preview Ring 3 members will be getting their first Xbox One build since the recent revision to the Xbox Insider Program. Although some users will be excluded from the rollout, today's build will be made available to all Ring 3 participants in the coming weeks.
While no new features will be introduced alongside the update, today's build focuses on getting Creator's Update features in the hands of more testers. A small list of known issues still affects this build, but any major issues have been removed following tests in the higher Preview rings.
Like a majority of Xbox Insider builds, today's update will begin rolling out from 6 PM PT/9 PM ET. For those who use the Xbox One's Instant On mode, the update will begin automatically downloading to your console. If you choose to manually install the build, navigate to All Settings > System > Console Info & Updates and check for an update.
Here's a closer look at the known issues affecting today's release.
OS version released: rs_xbox_dev_flight.170308-1900
Available: 6:00PM PDT 3/15 (1:00AM GMT 16/3)
- Party chat will stop functioning when headset audio is switched from Stereo Uncompressed to Windows Sonic while in a party.
- Upon resuming from connected standby, you may be prompted to update your controller firmware when no update is available.
- Cortana may take a long time to respond when activated while playing certain games.
- Some users may not receive certain types of notifications.
- After capturing a game clip, the game clip fails to automatically post to the Activity Feed (if your profile is configured to do so). Workaround: Manually view game clips in Profile > Captures > Manage captures and post to the Activity Feed.
- The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
Settings - Ease of Access
- When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access - Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts. Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
Settings - Display & sound
- The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
Stay tuned to Windows Central for all the latest information from the Xbox Insider Program.