We love Cortana on our Windows Phone, and we're going to love her on Windows PCs and tablets, too. If you are already running Windows 10 Technical Preview, then you can already try it out. In recent builds, a new option has shown up to help Cortana learn your voice. This makes it easier for her to initiate the 'Hey Cortana' function. Watch her in action in our hands-on video.
Here's how to find the 'Learn my voice' option:
- Tap the Cortana search form and tap the hamburger button on the top left corner
- Select settings
- Scroll down and tap 'learn my voice'
- Find a quiet place and tap begin.
Cortana gives you three phrases to repeat so she can get familiar with your voice:
- Hey Cortana, do I have anything on Saturday?
- Hey Cortana, what's the traffic like on the way to work?
- Hey Cortana, tell something about yourself.
That's it! It should now be easier for her to recognize your voice when you say Hey Cortana. The command brings her up without physically touching your device.
Are you looking forward to using Cortana on your Windows PC or tablet? Are you using it already on Windows 10 Preview? Sound off in the comments!