It’s Friday and that means we’re looking at either an update for the Facebook Beta app or something from Hipstamatic. We’re not seeing any new updates for the Facebook Beta yet, but we are getting some update love for both Oggl and Oggl Pro. Let’s check out what’s new in the latest version.
We last saw Oggl updated two weeks ago, that update was just for Oggl and not Oggl Pro. It brought the initial ability to edit and crop photos during post-processing, fixed bugs, and improved preview performance with a new encoder lib. Today, we’re seeing updates for both Oggl and Oggl Pro that are the have the same update list in the Store. Here’s what’s “new” in both.
- Improved preview performance a lot with new encoder lib.
- Added live tile showing pics from followers feed.
- Updated order and paging in library to align with WP8 better.
- Fixed some bugs in the registration flow.
- Further app performance improvements.
- Added initial support for crop, zoom and edit during post processing. This feature will be improved further over time.
- Fixed an issue with Facebook Connect.
You’ll notice a few of those items were listed as new in the last update for Oggl, but now Oggl Pro is picking them up. Both are also fixing an issue with Facebook Connect that wasn’t addressed in the update for Oggl two weeks ago. It would appear that both apps are back on feature/update parity for the most part.
We’re still digging the regular updates to both apps from Hipstamatic and appreciate their support for Windows Phone. They started out on iOS with Oggl and made the jump to Windows Phone, deciding to skip over Android in favor of a mobile OS with class. Oh yes he did.
Want to try out Oggl and Oggl Pro or update your existing apps? Oggl is available for Windows Phone 8 devices and you can grab it in the Windows Phone Store. Oggl Pro is only on the Lumia 1020 and you can also get that from the Windows Phone Store. QR codes below with Oggl first and Oggl Pro second.
Thanks for the tip David!