It would appear as though Lumia 800 Windows Phones are receiving new firmware, following the rollout in Singapore. The new firmware, 1600.2487.8107.12070, addresses a number of problems and is the next version up from the previous firmware release that arrived in January.
Quick recap of known improvements / fixes in the update:
- Enhanced battery standby and talk time performance
- Battery capacity icon instead of question mark on top right of screen
- Improved bass in audio performance
- Soft-key illumination at all brightness levels
- Fixes for device performance issues including self-reboots, freezes and call-ending
As you can see, it's a fairly sizeable update. Many of our readers have confirmed update notifications (unlocked - U.S. and UK), so be sure to plug your Lumia 800 into your PC to check via Zune. Let us know in the comments should you receive the new firmware.
Thanks to everyone who sent us tips!