Don't have a set-top box to connect through your Xbox One? Microsoft has you covered with the newly launched Xbox One Digital TV Tuner. This handy device provides an "over-the-air digital terrestrial TV experience," negating the need to connect a set-top box via HDMI. The digital TV tuner is now available in the UK, France, Italy, Germany and Spain for €29.99.
The Digital Tuner supports free-to-air DVB-T, DVB-T2 and DVB-C television standards. Users with a Kinect-enabled version of the Xbox One can use voice-guided navigation to access content through OneGuide. As noted previously, here are some highlighted features of the TV Tuner for Xbox One:
- Watch HD TV on Xbox One: With the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner, you can watch free-to-air DVB-T, DVB-T2 and DVB-C television channels without changing TV inputs. You can receive game invitations and notifications while watching TV and even watch TV while you wait for a multiplayer match to start.
- TV Viewing in Snap Mode: You can watch TV using the Snap mode, watching TV on the side and leaving the main screen for games, Skype, or other applications.
- Pause Live TV: Pause your favorite show when you get up to take a break.
- TV Listings in the OneGuide: TV listings will be available in the OneGuide. From anywhere, say "Xbox show guide, what's on BBC One?" to quickly navigate directly to that channel's listings. Favorite Channels in the OneGuide: Create your own personal Favorites in the OneGuide so you can easily choose what you want to watch.
- Channel Tuning by Voice: The OneGuide allows you to call out your favorite TV channel by name and start watching it instantly. The OneGuide on Xbox SmartGlass: Now you have access to the full OneGuide on the new Xbox SmartGlass app with the ability to tune channels on your TV.
- TV On Demand: TV listings in the OneGuide will indicate which shows are available on demand from video apps.
Pick up the tuner from the Microsoft Store. Will you be picking one up to really get down for some serious visual entertainment?
Source: Xbox Wire