Microsoft is continuing to open up more special stores in the US. We've been sent in some photos from a reader who attended today's opening of the Microsoft Specialty Store in Lexington, Kentucky. Lexington was joined by three other malls in the US where similar stores opened up, kicking off this week's batch.
We previously looked at the company's plans to roll out this month's eleven stores, with four already open. Think of this article as a friendly reminder that you can head on down to enjoy some cool deals.
These 'specialty stores' are essentially semi-permanent locations inside a local mall where consumers can find a curated selection of the best Microsoft products. Here's a reminder of this month's batch (along with opening dates):
- North Star Mall - San Antonio, TX - June 5
- The Oaks - Thousand Oaks, CA - June 12
- Park Place - Tucson, AZ - May 13
- Fayette Mall - Lexington, KY - May 13
- Jordan Creek Town Center - Des Moines, IA - May 13
- FlatIron Crossing - Broomfield, CO - May 15
- Westroads Mall - Omaha, NE - May 15
- The Mall in Columbia - Columbia, MD - June 12
- The Maine Mall - S Portland, ME - May 17
- Mall of Louisiana - Baton Rouge, LA - June 5
- Boise Towne Square - Boise, ID - May 17
Microsoft is also experiencing a solid turn out. There was quite the queue at the Lexington opening.
It's worth heading down to the store if you have one opening up in a local mall simply because you can find and purchase Microsoft products, but the company will also be holding some awesome deals, just for those who attend the grand opening days. These offers include an 8-inch Dell tablet for $99 and Surface tablet for $199.
Let us know if your local is holding a grand opening this week and whether or not you'll be attending.
Cheers, Arlen, for sending in the photos!