Microsoft is opening its Redmond, Washington headquarters up to the public, and specifically to Xbox One fans, on Thursday, August 27. That's when it will hold its Pre-PAX Prime Open House, where it allow gamers to go hands on with over 50 Xbox One games from the indie-based ID@Xbox program. There will also be the chance to play some of Halo 5: Guardians as well.
Here's what Xbox One fans can expect when they show up, according to Microsoft's Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb:
Play more than 50 upcoming ID@Xbox titles, including eight new announces and several first playables! Meet the developers and play some of our most highly anticipated titles, including Cuphead, The Flame in the Flood, Pit People, ARK: Survival Evolved, We Happy Few, SpeedRunners, Inside and Warhammer: Vermintide. Collect limited edition buttons for each game you play (while supplies last), and even pose for a picture with StudioMDHR's Cuphead! See the Microsoft campus and stop by the Visitor Center to explore everything from the latest Microsoft Research innovations to the very first personal computer.
Additionally, the Open House will be the only place for fans to play Halo 5: Guardians Arena Multiplayer, get to hang out with members of 343 Industries and have the chance to meet Halo special guests.
The event is happening the day before the huge, but sold out, PAX Prime gaming convention in nearby Seattle. However, Microsoft's event is free to attend for anyone, even if you don't have a PAX Prime ticket.
The event will happen from 5-9 p.m. local time at the Microsoft campus in Building 92, located at 15010 NE 36th Street in Redmond, Washington. Parking will be available for free on the campus for people who are driving directly to the event, and Microsoft will also be providing complementary buses that will shuttle between the campus and the Washington State Convention Center in downtown Seattle starting at 4:30 p.m.
Here's the full list of ID@Xbox games that will be playable at the open house:
- Afro Samurai 2: Revenge of Kuma Vol. One – Redacted Studios
- Anarcute – Anarteam
- Aritana and The Harpy's Feather– Duaik Entretenimento
- ARK: Survival Evolved – Studio Wildcard
- Below – Capybara
- Beyond Eyes – Tiger & Squid/Team17
- ClusterPuck 99 – PHL Collective
- Cuphead – StudioMDHR Entertainment Inc.
- Dungeon League – Achebit/Surprise Attack Games
- FAT CITY– Heavy Iron Studios
- Full Mojo Rampage – Over the Top Games/Nicalis
- Gate of Memories – Anima Project/Badland Indie
- Guns, Gore, and Cannoli – Crazy Monkey Studios
- Gunsport – Necrosoft Games/Iron Galaxy Studios
- Happy Dungeons – Toylogic Inc.
- Hue – Fiddlesticks/Curve Digital
- Ironcast – Dreadbit/Ripstone
- Ittle Dew 2 – Ludosity
- Knight Squad – Chainsawesome Games
- Layers of Fear – Bloober Team
- Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime – Asteroid Base Inc.
- Mekazoo – The Good Mood Creators
- Mimic Arena – Tiny Horse Games
- Never Alone – Upper One Games/E-Line Media
- Party Hard – Pinokl Games/tinyBuild Games
- Phantasmal – Eyemobi
- Pinball FX2 – Zen Studios
- Pit People – The Behemoth
- Pixel Galaxy – Serenity Forge
- Riptide GP Renegade – Vector Unit Inc
- Rivals of Aether – Dan Fornace
- Slain! – Wolf Brew Games/Digerati Distribution
- SpeedRunners – DoubleDutch Games/tinyBuild Games
- Starpoint Gemini 2– Little Green Men Games
- Super Dungeon Bros – React Games/Wired Productions
- Swordy – Frogshark
- The Banner Saga – Stoic/Versus Evil
- The Flame in the Flood – The Molasses Flood
- The Hole Story – Girls Make Games/LearnDistrict
- The Little Acre – Pewter Games Studios
- Through the Woods – Antagonist
- Tumblestone – The Quantum Astrophysicists Guild
- Videoball – Action Button Entertainment/Iron Galaxy Studios
- Warhammer: Vermintide – Fatshark
- We Happy Few – Compulsion Games
- Zarvot – SnowHydra Games
Source: Major Nelson