If you're a Twitch user rocking Windows 10, you might want to check out Unstream!
For those few who don't know, Twitch.tv is a wildly popular video game streaming service. Unstream allows you to view streamers and participate in their chat rooms within its universal app, allowing you to bypass the website.
Using Unstream carries various other benefits for Twitch users, including notifications, pinning and more!
The full feature list is as follows:
- Watch live streams or videos on demand (VOD)
- View featured channels, top games, channels or videos and followed channels
- Search for games, channels (users) or streams (live)
- Custom stream/chat experience (portrait and landscape), chat emotes & badges
- View detailed user profiles and user highlights/broadcasts (VODs)
- Follow/Unfollow channels
- Notifications & Live Tiles when followed channels go live
- Pin games or channels to start screen for quick access
The app also supports your Windows 10 accent colour and has dark and light themes. It also has Windows 10's native casting feature, should your device support Twitch's format. I was only able to test it on my Xbox One at this time, which doesn't seem to support the file type.
As you might expect, you can sign in to access your favourite channels instantly, view your profile, past broadcasts and your personal followers. Unstream has an unlimited trial supported by ads, purchasing (for a very reasonable price) simply removes the ads and helps support the developer. Unstream has been updated consistently since its launch, so jumping in with a purchase might be a worthwhile investment.
Be sure to pin our official Twitch stream and tell us what you think of Unstream in the comments!