A new update is now available for popular third-party Twitter app Aeries, bringing a number of bug fixes and tweaks to the Windows 10 app. In particular, users should expect an improved discover search experience, some minor UI improvements and more.
Here's the breakdown or what's new in Aeries 2.3.51:
- Improved discover search experience.
- Fixed an issue where you may have to tap an inline link twice to open.
- Fixed and issue where the app could crash if you tapped an image link with inline images turned off.
- Fix for device tint colour not taking affect.
- No restart is needed for toggling tint colour.
- Fixed a potential crash when returning to the main window from another (pop out compose, image or timeline).
- Removed tint for mentions in the mentions timeline.
- Added support for feedback-hub:? urls.
- Improved method for fetching replies to statuses.
- Fixed quick reply activation from mouse actions.
- Improved auto theme switching based on sunrise / sunset.
- Various UI restyling's and improvements.
- Some improvements to hover states and user previews.
The update should be available to download now from the Windows Store if you're interested in checking it out. Also be aware that another update is expected to be out shortly with "more performance and bug fixes.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Take a load off with some good news as we head into the weekend
We're headed into the weekend, so why not kick it off with some good news? Today, we've got stories of trees planted, masks delivered, and esports taking over ESPN (for a little while, anyway).
Join us for the latest Windows Central Video Podcast
We're live with the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30pm ET, make sure you're there!
Review: Kensington's SD5500T dock works with USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 PCs
The SD5500T docking station is compatible with USB-C and Thunderbolt 3, opening it up to use with more devices. It's similar to some other great docks out there, so how does it measure up?
Best Zoom Alternatives in 2020
Zoom continues to face new vulnerabilities, exploits, and privacy concerns, with even the FBI issuing a warning over recent hijacking attempts. We've wrapped up the best Zoom alternatives if you choose to switch.