A new update is now available for popular third-party Twitter app Aeries, bringing a number of bug fixes and tweaks to the Windows 10 app. In particular, users should expect an improved discover search experience, some minor UI improvements and more.
Here's the breakdown or what's new in Aeries 2.3.51:
- Improved discover search experience.
- Fixed an issue where you may have to tap an inline link twice to open.
- Fixed and issue where the app could crash if you tapped an image link with inline images turned off.
- Fix for device tint colour not taking affect.
- No restart is needed for toggling tint colour.
- Fixed a potential crash when returning to the main window from another (pop out compose, image or timeline).
- Removed tint for mentions in the mentions timeline.
- Added support for feedback-hub:? urls.
- Improved method for fetching replies to statuses.
- Fixed quick reply activation from mouse actions.
- Improved auto theme switching based on sunrise / sunset.
- Various UI restyling's and improvements.
- Some improvements to hover states and user previews.
The update should be available to download now from the Windows Store if you're interested in checking it out. Also be aware that another update is expected to be out shortly with "more performance and bug fixes.
Download Aeries from the Windows Store (opens in new tab) ($2.99)
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the Editor in Chief for Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl. Got a hot tip? Send it to email@example.com.
The official one updated as well.
True. Version 22.214.171.124
Since you're discussing the official one, I have a question I couldn't find answered anywhere. Am I the only one who doesn't get any notifications when someone tweets (I enabled them from Twitter's website) ?
They really need to fix the late notifications =[
Hmmm...still experience where clicking the rrsponce button does nothing. Have to go into the tweet and use that response button. Not sure why this has been going on got so long, but becoming a pain to perform such a simple task.
I kind of miss this app when going to Android almost full time. The sad thing, the Offical Twitter app for Android is almost as good as this app, as the offical app on Windows Phone is a buggy mess and lacking many features... I still use my ICON time to time...so not fully moved over...
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.