Additionally, the Beta ring and part of Preview Ring 3 will also see last Thursday's Alpha ring build. Microsoft is rolling out the Creators Update to Ring 3 in a staggered manner, so don't be confused if you haven't seen the update in that segment just yet. Head over here for the Beta and Ring 3 patch notes.
See below for the latest Alpha ring fixes, as we rapidly head towards the public launch of this latest batch of fresh Xbox One features.
As always, stay tuned to Windows Central for all the latest information from the Xbox Insider Program.
OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1703.170316-1901
Available: 6:00PM PDT 3/18 (1:00AM GMT 19/3)
- Fixed an issue which would cause two notifications to pop (instead of one) when uploading a Game DVR clip or screenshot.
- Miscellaneous fixes to localized text and content.
- Fixed an issue which would sometimes cause audio to stop playing after plugging in a headset.
- Fixed an issue with Dolby Atmos for headphones that would cause audio to stop playing if headphones were plugged in or unplugged while using the Blu-Ray Player app.
- Resolved an issue with Dolby Atmos for headphones where apps would play no audio.
- Fixed an issue where the Blu-Ray Player app would incorrectly indicate an audio format is not supported, and fail to continue without closing and relaunching the app.
Games & Apps
- Resolved an issue which could sometimes cause newly installed apps to fail to launch, if launched while another app is in use.
- Pressing X while the virtual keyboard is open should no longer quit the stream.
- After capturing a game clip, the game clip fails to automatically post to the Activity Feed (if your profile is configured to do so). Workaround: Manually view game clips in Profile > Captures > Manage captures and post to the Activity Feed.
- The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
Settings - Ease of Access
- When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access - Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts. Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
Settings - Display & sound
- The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
Jez Corden is a Senior Editor for Windows Central, focusing primarily on all things Xbox and gaming. Jez is known for breaking exclusive news and analysis as relates to the Microsoft ecosystem while being powered by caffeine. Follow on Twitter @JezCorden and listen to his Xbox Two podcast, all about, you guessed it, Xbox!
Bought a new xbox one s back in october last year, im in preview, ring3 and not getting any OS update since the 14th of december. Contacted Ms support, but they do not handle anything related to preview, insider program. Did some research online on my own tried a couple of tricks tips, still unable to update my console. Console resetted, still nothing moves... If any one knows what to do, pls contact me! (yes im on instant on, even tried to switch and reboot etc. I really tried a lot of things now
It's going out to Ring 3 in small waves. If your console hasn't updated yet, then the update isn't available for you. You can't force it in any way.
i simply cannot believe that there is no update available to me since 14th of dec, that is more then 3 months now... im not getting any update. has to be some failure
If there have been no mainstream updates, then there may be no problem. The betas can go out in waves, likely based on your demographic, ie location, Xbox revision, Live usage etc. MS often drip feeds in updates to apps or OS. Having said that, if you have missed 2 updates on a specific ring, then I think a problem is more likely. I assume that you have registered your console, previously tried a factory reset etc?
I've seen a lot of people on here enrolled on the third ring saying they haven't had any updates in a ages.
If your xbox is set for automatic updates, most of the time you won't even notice it
I had this problem too. Be patient, the system resolved itself.
You're not alone. Best bet is just to be patient.
I've had my console since launch and am ring 3 still impatiently waiting for the update its just going to take a little bit. The Xbox updates aren't blasted out like the os and mobile updates they are trickled out slowly.
Just so you know it doesn't seem like anyone has really gave you a straight answer. The last full OS update was December 14th of 2016. So yes sadly you will have to wait for updates. You can try to go into the insider program app on your console and see if they give you the option to be put in for future updates sooner.
I'm on ring 3 without updates since November 2016, I guess ill get them when MS decides to push them to my XB1
Wow, fix the wireless display app already. Actually, while ur at it, please make the wireless display app work as well as google cast on my vizio p series TV. It works so much better!
Yep. That's what I'm waiting for. Want to be able to wirelessly stream content to a TV from my smartphone. If we can do it via Miracast that'll go a long way.
If Dolby atmos for headphones isn't enabled right now, how is it having issues that need to be fixed?
I was told It's all based on usage and feedback you give to MS.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.