A fairly minor update is heading out to Xbox Insiders on the Beta ring and some members of Ring 3 this evening. Included in this build is a fix for the MSN Weather app, as well as the typically exciting "miscellaneous fixes and improvements" that should bring some smoother performance to the table.
Remember that Microsoft is only rolling out new builds on Ring 3 to select members right now. In other words, if you're a part of Ring 3 and don't receive this update, that's to be expected. That said, here's a look at the full release notes for this update:
- OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1703.170319-1800
- Available: 6:00PM PDT 3/22 (1:00AM GMT 23/3)
- MSN Weather: Fixed an issue which prevented the MSN Weather app from launching. NOTE: You may still need to update the MSN Weather app to the latest version (search in the Store for "MSN Weather" and check for updates).
- Miscellaneous: Miscellaneous fixes and improvements.
- Skate 3: Skate 3 may crash to Home after attempting to join a Quick Match.
- Settings - Display & sound: The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- Wireless Display: The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
Work on the Creators Update is winding down, and the focus on spit and polish with the most recent Xbox Insider builds shows that we're inching closer to release. For more, keep it locked to Windows Central for updates on the Xbox Insider Program.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.