We're kicking off Thursday with a rather large update roundup, perfect for those who simply cannot keep up with the rate of releases on the Windows Phone Store. Today we'll be looking at Amazing Weather HD, Deezer, Lyn 2013 and more.
With the release of Windows Phone 8.1 for developers, we're seeing more updates roll out with improvements made to both apps and games to unlock new functionality
Tilesparency enables you to create blank, functionless, tiles that help make your background image look complete. The best part is you can create as many as you want or need to make that perfect Start screen. Here's what is new in version 2.0:
- Added new functional transparent tiles
- Added new special battery tiles also known as "battery alive"
- Fixed tiles flipping
- Slowed down Ads frequency
It's a great app for those who enjoy spending some time configuring their Start screen to reach a preferred layout. If you're rocking Windows Phone 8.1 and wish to add something "more", we recommend you check out Tilesparency.
- Download Tilesparency (MB – free)
Calendar Calleague 22.214.171.124
If you're one who has numerous conferences during the week, you'll definitely want to try out Calendar Calleague. As well as boasting an intuitive and easily accessible UI, there's a lot of functionality included. Today the developer released version 1.5:
- Editing/Deleting of all appointments from any of your phone's calendars via the Native Calendar app for full blown editing (Windows Phone 8.1)
- Manage all sub-calendars & their colors just like you would in the Native Calendar (Windows Phone 8.1)
- Support for authenticating to Outlook, Google, and Facebook (see attached screenshot) for viewing/editing/deleting appointments and even Google recurrences
As well as the above improvements (we're pretty excited about the new features for Windows Phone 8.1 users), the developer has added more in-app purchases, including a voice pack, multiple account support and auto navigate.
- Download Calendar Calleague (2MB – free)
Lync 2013 5.4
The messaging client for enterprise customers on Lync Server or Office 365 subscribers has been updated again. The Windows Phone app extends the power of Lync to your smartphone bringing voice and video over wireless, rich presence, instant messaging, conferencing, and calling features.
In this latest update, version 5.4.1087.0, Microsoft has implemented some user experience improvements and squashed numerous bugs.
- Download Lync 2013 (15MB – free)
HD Photo Viewer 126.96.36.199
The developer of HD Photo Viewer has bumped the app to support Windows Phone 8.1. If you're not familiar with the app, it's an interesting Windows Phone 8 photography app that lets you view and share your images at full resolution.
Here's what is new in version 188.8.131.52:
- Create and delete photo albums on the device
- Move photos between albums
- Extract hidden high resolutions photos on Lumia 1020, 1520 and ICON. Make them visible to all photo apps. Can send those high resolution photos as email attachments from within the app. System email client still downgrades the photos.
- Improved deep-zoom mode experience. Deep-zoom mode is useful for those high resolution photos.
- Removed next/previous buttons to make space for file operation. In-app navigation is now more gesture-based, with improve transition animation.
- Download HD Photo Viewer (5MB – $0.99)
Odds and Ends
Here are some other Windows Phone apps that have been recently bumped to new versions:
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.