What you need to know
- The Ascent is an isometric action-RPG from Neon Giant and Curve Digital.
- It's been delayed to sometime in 2021 and will now release day one on Xbox Game Pass.
- It's coming to Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One and PC.
If you've been looking forward to The Ascent, a Diablo-like isometric action-RPG from developer Neon Giant and publisher Curve Digital, there's some good news and bad news. The bad news is the game has been delayed to some point in 2021. The good news is that it is now launching day one on Xbox Game Pass. You can check out some new gameplay footage in the video below.
Neon Giant is a tiny team of just 11 developers, so it'll be interesting to see how this project pans out. The team is working on making sure that the Xbox Series X version of The Ascent runs at 4K 60 FPS and will support Smart Delivery. When The Ascent launches, it'll be available on Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One and PC.
Best of both worlds
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 3 Month Subscription
Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold in one
Xbox Game Pass gives you access to over 200 games for one monthly fee. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate also adds Xbox Live Gold to the package so you can play online with your friends. Right now, you can purchase a three-month subscription for a great price.
Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series X: Everything we know
- Best games coming to Xbox Series X/S
- List of Xbox Series X specs
- What is the Xbox Series X release date?
- How much does Xbox Series X cost?
- Why you can't preorder Xbox Series X yet
- Best Xbox Series X Headsets
Thanks for this. Was wondering about this game since the coverage in IGN.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.