Ask Windows Central: What Surface devices could we see show up this fall?
We answer more questions from you!
Welcome to the sixth episode of Ask Windows Central, a show where we answer our communities most asked questions around Microsoft, Windows, Surface, Xbox, and the general tech industry. In today's episode, we answer questions about the Intel App Bridge, this fall's possible Surface lineup, Windows 11 compatibility, and more.
This week's episode features the following questions:
- What will happen in October 2021 to the Windows Insiders who are currently running the Windows 11 beta and do not meet the minimum system requirements?
- Will Intel Bridge technology be available for Windows 10, or will it be for Windows 11 only?
- Is Microsoft planning to update the Microsoft Launcher with visuals that are closer to Windows 11, or are they likely to keep it looking more similar to a typical Android Launcher?
- What Surface devices are we expecting for the fall?
If you have a question you'd like us to answer on the show, be sure to submit them in the comments below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Ask Windows Central" in the subject line! You can also join the Windows Central Discord and ask questions in the dedicated #ask-wc channel.
If you're on Twitter, you can tweet your question with the #AskWindowsCentral tag included, and make sure you tag either @daniel_rubino or @zacbowden so we can see it.
If you have any feedback about the show format, please let us know. We're building this show around you, so if there's something you don't like or think we should change, we're all ears. We hope you enjoy the episode, and look forward to getting back to your questions in the next one.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Zac Bowden is a Senior Editor at Windows Central. Bringing you exclusive coverage into the world of Windows on PCs, tablets, phones, and more. Also an avid collector of rare Microsoft prototype devices! Keep in touch on Twitter: @zacbowden.
I guess it could run Win11, but it appears they tossed Win 10X and the Neo in one sweep.
It's the perfect device for me (based on what we know) so this is great info.
Not sure where it might go, though after Intel azed the Lakefield series.
If it comes out, though, I'll almost certainly buy.
- Next generation Duo is due in 2 months like any other Surface device MS will go for the long run
- MS Office is the de-facto global gold standard for office software since 1990
- Hololens2 is used throughout the (process) industry as the technical standard.
- Surface (pro) has created an entire new standard in the industry even Apple had to start shipping --keyboards and pens with their iPads to catch-up
- At this pace Azure and cloud services will become number 1 in 4 years from now
- 2.26 trillion dollar Market cap (August 26th 2021) they must be doing something........ well right?