Assassin's Creed Odyssey is the latest entry in the staple franchise which takes place hundreds of years before the establishment of the "Assassin's Brotherhood". According to Ubisoft — building upon the foundation of Assassin's Creed Origins — Assassin's Creed Odyssey takes player choice to the next level.
Ubisoft has strong post-launch plans for Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and the first piece of content just dropped. Xbox One owners will see a roughly 4 GB patch which gives them access to "The Lost Tales of Greece." The Lost Tales of Greece allows you to access a new region and continues a quest started in Episode 5 of the base game.
- First story of The Lost Tales of Greece added to the game.
- Regular arrows auto-crafting.
- Addresses an issue that caused Athens' architecture to load slowly.
- Addresses various weather, water textures, and display issues.
- Addresses various player and character animations.
- Fixes various world object graphic and animation anomalies.
- Addresses various issues with world lighting.
Today's Xbox One patch also improves crafting, the menu, and a multitude of other features. It also brings some performance improvements. Unfortunately, the textures and lighting are still mediocre to say the least. Hopefully a future patch will improve upon that. Assassin's Creed Origins, despite coming out a year earlier, looks better than Assassin's Creed Odyssey.
Assassin's Creed Odyssey launched on October 5, 2018. You can purchase the game from $59.99.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.