Assassin's Creed Odyssey is an upcoming entry in the staple franchise which takes place hundreds of years before the establishment of the "Assassin's Brotherhood". According to Ubisoft — building upon the foundation of Assassin's Creed Origins — Assassin's Creed Odyssey takes player choice to the next level.
Today, Ubisoft released a detailed roadmap of the content coming to Assassin's Creed Odyssey post launch. Aside from the expected story expansions, players will also get Assassin's Creed III Remastered. The season pass comes with the remaster and campaigns. Even if you don't purchase the season pass, all Assassin's Creed Odyssey players will get access to free story content like the "Lost Tales of Greece" and timed in-game events.
- Legacy of the First Blade: This episodic adventure introduces players to the first hero to wield the iconic hidden blade. Players will learn more about the backstory of the Assassins and why they choose to fight. Legacy of the First Blade is expected to launch in December 2018.
- The Fate of Atlantis: Just like Assassin's Creed Origins, players will confront godly creatures and uncover the secrets of the legendary sunken city. The Fate of Atlantis should launch in Spring 2019.
- Assassin's Creed III Remastered: Assassin's Creed III takes place in America. You must ignite the American Revolution as Connor. As a bloody uprising inches forward, your clan is threatened by a powerful group seeking to crush the American Revolution and control the thirteen colonies. Assassin's Creed III Remastered will be released in March 2019. Aside from including all add-ons like "The Benedict Arnold Missions", "Hidden Secrets Pack", and the "Tyranny of King George", the remaster comes with Assassin's Creed Liberation Remastered.
The remaster features 4K visuals on Xbox One X, with higher resolution textures, a new graphics engine, and several other enhancements. Assassin's Creed III Remastered will also be sold as a standalone title for players who do not own the season pass.
- The Lost Tales of Greece: These free episodic quests will release regularly between season pass episodes.
- Recurring Events: Each week a new ship or mercenary will appear, presenting players with challenging battles as they hunt down these powerful enemies.
- Discovery Tour: Just like Assassin's Creed Origins, this educational tool lets anyone explore the game in a conflict-free space. Players can traverse Ancient Greece and learn about its history.
- Monsters: Deadly mythical creatures will also be added to the game. Your goal is to defeat them.
- New Game Plus: New Game Plus allows you to replay the adventure with all of your gear.
It's great to see that Assassin's Creed Odyssey will receive post-launch content rather aggressively. Hopefully the stories will be expansive experiences like what The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt received with "Blood and Wine" and "Hearts of Stone".
Assassin's Creed Odyssey should launch on October 5, 2018, starting at $59.99. Those who purchase the Ultimate Edition or Gold Edition can play it on October 2. The game is expected to achieve native 4K resolution on Xbox One X through dynamic scaling.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.