What you need to know
- Astroneer is a sandbox game where players can explore different planets.
- It just got the Automation update on all platforms.
- The title supports Xbox Play Anywhere as well.
- Astroneer is available through Xbox Game Pass for subscribers.
Astroneer is an adventure game where you go to different planets and explore. It's become quite popular over the years, but recently it got a number of interesting features with the Automation update. Before we talk about the update, let me tell you that Astroneer supports Xbox Play Anywhere. This allows you to pick up your game on Xbox One and PC.
The Automation feature adds the following features.
The Automation Update is now live on all platforms! pic.twitter.com/jH0cpj0G1u— ASTRONEER (@astroneergame) July 1, 2020
- Auto Extractors can be used to gather resources automatically without deforming terrain and at a much higher efficiency.
- Auto Arms automatically transfer small items into open slots.
- Medium and Large Storage containers act like a silo that can be used to consolidate one resource into it's reservoir.
- Various Sensors have been added to the game. For example, you can use the Power Sensor to trigger a backup generator when wind dies down.
- Several modules have been revised to support continuous operation alongside the new automation items.
- The update also brings with it a number of bug fixes where select items in the game didn't work as intended.
You can read more about the patch here.
Download the update now and get started
Xbox Game Pass members can hop into Astroneer right now and start exploring to their heart's content. Use your jet pack to reach new heights and check out everything that the game has to offer.
Play more games
It'll last you a couple of months
Xbox Game Pass gives you access to over 200 games for one monthly fee. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate also adds Xbox Live Gold to the package so you can play online with your friends.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Update 6: Microsoft wants all of TikTok, but Trump's order may interfere
The Financial Times reports that as part of negotiations, Microsoft is now inquiring whether it can buy all of TikTok, instead of just the business in the US., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. This new plan would include India and Europe (and excluding China).
Surface Duo and double Dans take over this week's Android Central podcast
Need even more Surface Duo in your life? Check out the latest Android Central podcast, in which Daniel Rubino and Daniel Bader (double the Dans!) discuss Surface Duo, Microsoft's Samsung love affair, and Project xCloud.
This is the best Windows 10 tablet you can buy right now
There are many Windows 10 tablets on the market, but it's hard to sort through the rubbish. Here's our picks for the best Windows 10 tablets you can buy right now. At the top of our list is the Surface Pro X, which we think is the best due to its ARM processor, large display, and thin form factor while still packing good battery life and excellent performance.
These are the best gaming laptops for playing PUBG
You have a lot of options when it comes to gaming laptops for playing PUBG. Luckily, this game can run on a lot of different machines. Here are our picks for the best laptops for PUBG.