Owners of the AT&T version of the Lumia 950 can now download the 'Double tap to wake' firmware update via the Windows Device Recovery Tool.
As we have reported on before, the firmware update includes the return of "double tap to wake" to modern Windows 10 Mobile devices along with a fix for recurring Wi-Fi disconnections.
Here is the full changelog posted by Microsoft:
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results.
- Support for double tap to wake enabled.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users.
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users.
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users.
It's worth mentioning that getting the firmware update via WDRT will also wipe your Lumia 950 down to its factory settings. It's very likely that AT&T will release the firmware via an over-the-air update in the coming days that will avoid this issue.
Thanks to dashrendar and the Windows Central forums for the tips!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.