Darksiders 3 officially unveiled alongside cinematic reveal trailer
Update May 2, 2017: An official reveal trailer has now been unveiled via IGN, confirming the existence of Darksiders 3. Although no gameplay is showcased, the inclusion of Fury reaffirms all details leaked previously in the Amazon listing. We can expect to find out more over the coming weeks exclusively via IGN, with further details at E3 2017.
The latest entry to THQ Nordic's hack and slash adventure series, Darksiders 3, appears to have leaked via an Amazon listing. Although no official announcement has been made regarding a third game, the page confirms a release for the title sometime next year.
According to the listing (via Gematsu), players take control of Fury – a sister of The Four Horsemen who wields a whip and magic to combat her enemies. With new weapons and move sets at players' disposal, the game looks to improve upon the gameplay established in earlier entries in the franchise. Darksiders 3 will also revisit an open world, where players 'back and forth between environments' to uncover the narrative.
- Play as FURY - a mage who must rely on her whip and magic to restore the balance between good and evil on Earth!
- Harness FURY's magic to unleash her various forms - each granting her access to new weapons, moves and traversal abilities
- Explore an open-ended, living, free-form game world in which FURY moves back and forth between environments to uncover secrets while advancing the story
- Defeat the Seven Deadly Sins and their servants who range from mystical creatures to degenerated beings
- Darksiders signature art style - expansive post-apocalyptic environments that take the player from the heights of heaven to the depths of hell, dilapidated by war and decay and overrun by nature
Alongside a confirmation of the game's existence, the listing also provides a variety of artwork and in-game screenshots. Here, we get a closer look at how the game is holding up visually, being the first Darksiders game built from the ground up for next-generation consoles.
For now, we'll have to sit back and wait for an official announcement from THQ Nordic. Although E3 is only a few weeks away, an official reveal may be happening prior to the show. With a placeholder release date set for December 31, 2018, we'll likely be waiting until sometime next year to get hands-on with the final game.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Matt Brown was formerly a Windows Central's Senior Editor, Xbox & PC, at Future. Following over seven years of professional consumer technology and gaming coverage, he’s focused on the world of Microsoft's gaming efforts. You can follow him on Twitter @mattjbrown.