What you need to know
- Elden Ring is continuing to receive updates, with FromSoftware balancing aspects of the game and fixing various bugs.
- The latest update for Elden Ring is now available.
- This update notably fixes a bug where Malenia, Blade of Miquella was able to heal whenever she felt like it.
A new update for Elden Ring fixes a downright evil bug that has been plaguing one particular online boss fight for some time now.
Bandai Namco and FromSoftware shared on Wednesday that Elden Ring update 1.04 is now available, bringing a handful of fixes. Most notably, it fixes a problem where Malenia, Blade of Miquella was healing improperly. Normally, she can heal by hitting the player with an attack, but with this bug, she healed just by slashing the air, to the horror of anyone trying to fight her.
Here's the full list of patch notes:
- Fixed a bug in which the effect duration of the Cerulean Hidden Tear was revised downward
- Fixed a bug with Malenia, Blade of Miquella in which her HP was not healed correctly in the online multiplayer environment
- Fixed a bug that caused some bosses to die at unintended times
- Fixed a bug that prevented the boss "Elden Beast" from working properly under certain circumstances
- Fixed some texts
Once the update is applied, you'll see the following in the bottom-right corner of your screen on the main menu:
- App Ver. 1.04.1
- Regulation Ver. 1.04.2
Elden Ring is continuing to grow as one of the best games available right now. More and more players are exploring FromSoftware's latest critically-acclaimed title, with Elden Ring topping the March 2022 NPD charts.
Popular for good reason
Elden Ring is a magnificent action RPG, introducing features like mounted combat and exploration to FromSoftware's formula.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.