Forest is a new app for Windows Phone that hopes to make you less addicted to your Windows Phone. It's a well-reviewed app on Android and iOS, so we're very happy to see it join the Windows Phone Store. This is an app you need to check out if you're having trouble focusing because of your phone.
Forest helps to be the phone cure to your phone addiction. Use this app the next time you're finishing a project or hanging out with friends.
Here's what you can look forward to with the first release of Forest on Windows Phone
- A self-motivated and interesting method to help you beat phone addiction.
- Cultivate your personal pattern of time management: make good use of 30-minutes to fully concentrate on your work and finish it effectively.
- Share your forest with friends.
- Track your history in a simple and pleasant way.
- Work with phone: The trees won't be killed anymore. Please be honest with yourself ☺
- Delete history: Reset your forest and clear all those dead trees.
Exclusive features: (Only On Windows Phone Version)
- Lock Screen Support: You can show the remaining time on the lock screen!
It's an interesting concept to help you put your phone down and focus on a task at hand. Even if only for thirty minutes. The Windows Phone version is nice and works as expected. While we know the app is designed to give you thirty minutes of distraction-free time, we'd love the ability to set custom timers above that time limit.
This little app will set you back $0.99, but that's a small price to pay if you find yourself unable to pull away from your phone.
Microsoft Edge Dev channel gets new collections features, extension sync
Another weekly update is out for the Microsoft Edge Dev channel, and it has a host of handy features to check out. New in this release are a couple of improvements to collections, extension sync, and more.
Join us for the latest Windows Central Video Podcast
We're live with the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30pm ET, make sure you're there!
Are you working from home this week? (poll)
More people are working from home than ever right now, and we're wondering how you all are managing to stay productive in your homebound state. Chime in and let us know in our poll!
Here are the best apps to stream movies and TV on Windows 10
The number of streaming services continues to grow. Toss apps to rent and buy movies on top, and there are a lot of options. Here are the best apps to stream movies and TV shows on Windows 10.