Windows 10 PC gamers who have pre-ordered Gears of War 4 from the Windows Store can now start pre-loading the sci-fi shooter on their hard drives ahead of the game's official launch. However, those gamers should update their Windows 10 version to the current 14393.222 cumulative build first.
Pre-loading for the Windows 10 version of Gears of War will require 80GB of free storage space. The Ultimate Edition of the game will unlock on October 7, and the regular edition will do the same on October 11. Buying the digital version of the game on Windows 10 will also let users get the Xbox One version for free, via Xbox Play Anywhere.
Need more? Don't miss our other coverage of Gears of War 4 including:
- Gears of War 4 main page
- Gears of War 4 October 5th Live Stream
- Gears of War 4 achievement list
- I played Gears of War 4 at The Coalition, and I can't stop thinking about chainsaw guns
- Gears of War 4 Windows 10 PC system requirements
- We survived the first taste of Gears of War 4's campaign and interviewed the developer
- The Gears of War 4 Xbox One S is Microsoft's best special edition yet
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.